cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 3 month period starting today - took automatic payment but no data

emsfuller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Today is the end/start of my pay period and I see that there was an autopayment taken, but when I try to use any data I am redirected to the Public Mobile site that says I am out of data. I should be starting fresh again with my new full data plan... right?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SZ27 for the most part, yes.  If you leave auto-pay on your payment will not go up beyond that.  You could potentially earn additional rewards through community participation and/or by referring others to PM. Oh and once you've been with PM for a year, you'll start getting $1/30 days/year of loyalty as well.  So, $1/30 days in your 2nd year, $2/30 days in your 3rd year and so on, to a maximum of $5/30 days in your 6th years and beyond.  You can find out more about the various reward programs and their details here: General Reward Rules KB Article

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SZ27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the speedy reply !

Makes sense.

Should the amount be consistent every billing cycle now ?!

Safia

srlawren

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

And you don't have to worry about going over, Public Mobile is a prepaid service so we cannot charge you any pay-per-use fee 🙂

@MarieHelene_L ah yes, one of the best things about PM and why so many of us love it so much Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @SZ27

Thanks for this great question!

Your 'extra' charge is simply due to taxes! 114$ (120$-6$ autopay reward) + 13% = 128,82$. 

And you don't have to worry about going over, Public Mobile is a prepaid service so we cannot charge you any pay-per-use fee 🙂

Let us know if you have any other questions, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

SZ27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i'm reletively new to Public Mobile and im having a little bit of trouble understanding my bill every 3 months. Are the amounts subject to change? I thought i was being charged $120 per month with a $6 auto pay refund. This month i was charged $128.82 i believe. Can someone explain why? I do not believe i went over..... @MarieHelene_L

Thanks 🙂

srlawren

@emsfuller I'm glad you're up and running again with data.  Unfortunately, buying add-ons is currently a two step process where you first need to add funds to your account (you did this step successfully) but then you have to go back and actually BUY the add-on from those available funds.  @MarieHelene_L was kind enough to look after the second step for you this time.  

If you find this process confusing and unncessarily complicated as I do, then please take a moment to review this idea and consider clicking the bravo button there to vote it up: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step-...

emsfuller

Perfect! Thanks so much @MarieHelene_L

MarieHelene_L

@emsfuller

No problem! We're here to help 🙂

I can see that you successfully added 24$ to your account balance which brings your available funds to 30$. "Available funds" simply refers to the money you have transferred from your credit card (or visa debit) to your Public Mobile account balance. It's the money you have available to pay for either your plan or any add-ons. 

I have just went ahead and purchased the 1GB 30$ add-on for you, please reboot your phone and you should be able to use your data!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

emsfuller

Oh no, apparently I can't read! Thanks @MarieHelene_L!

Side note: I tried to add a data add on and so now it says "Credit (Payment) $26" but "Balance $30" (I had a $6 reward I think)- I'm so oblivious with public mobile... Have I paid the $26? Is my add on active? Do I need to go pay it somehow?

Also, does "availble funds" mean I owe it or it's a credit?? The wording isn't super straight forward.

Sorry for all the questions! Thank you!

MarieHelene_L

Hey @emsfuller

After reviewing your account I was able to see that your renewal date is only on June 17th! Your last renewal was on March 19th and you are on a 90-day plan so that brings us mid-June 🙂

I can also see that no payment has been received in our system. Feel free to send me a private message if you would like discuss it further! 

Marie

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Please confirm the dates you see on the overview page and on the rewards page. Go to payment history and verify when the payment was taken?

Need Help? Let's chat.