cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

koroshk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I tried to switch to the 12GB/90 day for $40 promo when it was on a few weeks ago.  I couldn't switch immediately - even though I would've with a week left in my current plan - so I'm "waitlisted" for the change in plan.

I'm due to renew in a few days so hopefully the system will acknowledge and apply the promo package.

If not, is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

- Korosh

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I agree,this bugs been around way to long 😞

seeing all the people has the same problem and it happens over and over again, please fixed the bugs, public mobile!

Rockdaddy22
I doubt he's in Alberta because the numbers make sense. I could be wrong obviously.

Rockdaddy22
You got away without tax on your first one. PM is sounding better and better all the time 🙂 You could've just asked.

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Taxes are different in every province. In Alberta, 120 × 1.05 = $126

webshaun

I paid $120 on my first bill. You're right, it could be tax, but I wasn't advised that I didn't pay tax on my first bill. All I see is a discrepancy on my only 2 bills with PM. I will wait for the PM to get back to me.

KK

Rockdaddy22
I know it's confusing but you could've just asked like the countless others. Isn't it $134 with tax? $134-$6=$128 Could that be correct? I'm sorry didn't mean to be rude, but the rants around here.

KK
@webshaun , it says "expired" to indicate a grandfathered deal. You still get it but not if you make any changes.

As to billing, The base price was $120 before taxes. So, if $128 is more than base plus taxes in your province, then there is definitely something wrong. As a pre-paid service, PM cannot just arbitrarily recover incorrect billings from previous billing periods. Please let us know what happens.

webshaun

Don't talk to me like that @Rockdaddy22. You're being rude.

My first bill was $120. My second bill was supposed to be $114 but was $128. It wasn't taxes, it was an overcharge.

Why would it say in my account that the promotion is expired? In what universe would it make sense to record it that way for clients. If this is how PM likes to invoice, then they should rethink their verbiage, because it's nothing but confusing. 

Anyway, I'll wait to hear from a mod.

Rockdaddy22
Thank god you don't know what your talking about. The promo is expired now so that's the way it shows up, luckily you got it before it expired. If I didn't see that I'd be worried. Now about the overpay, could it be tax, how much did it come to?

webshaun

I am officially VERY disappointed in PM. I have just had my account since August and I've literally had issues with the service since (including calling long distance despite having it as part of my plan, updating to a promotion that doesn't get applied, being overcharged on my 2nd bill and not receiving autopay rewards, and now the new promotion has suddenly expired). Check out this screenshot from my account today...expired?!?! What kind of bulls%#t is this??!?!

PM Plan Nov 28 2016 Issue.tiff

This is a long list of problems in an account that is brand new. Is anyone else having similar problems? I'm getting fed up with it.

PM, I need you to fix this please. 

Rockdaddy22
Are you on the correct plan? Could it be taxes?

webshaun

Hi. It took about 2 weeks to correct. That being said, I just checked my account today and it says that my plan expired! I don't understand what's happening. I'm doing everything right and PM is not. I'm very disappointed.

In addition, my bill was an extra $14 for some reason. I don't know why and it has yet to be addressed as well. 

Rockdaddy22
If you have no service you probably just need to top up.

NuXPeR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Just as I expected, you can add another customer to this massive list of people who's plan did not automatically switch over to the new 12GB promo plan. You guys really should have fixed this issue prior to offering such an actractive plan. I had this same issue three months ago so I'm really not all that surprised now. Seems it only got worse this time around as my account is currently showing as SUSPENDED! I did check with my credit card company and I was charged, but I did not receive all my rewards. Again, not surprised as same thing happened three months ago. Come on Public Mobile, get it together!

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Do you @webshaun mind to share how long you waited before you issue was fixed?

Rockdaddy22
It will be resolved, it just might take a week or 2 at the moment. You'll have to contact a mod to get them to change it.

LarryG
Hi There,

Having the same issue here.. switched in mid November and yesterday was my bill date and when checking my account info today. Old plan details still showing..

CURRENT PLAN
90-day pass$120 per 90 Days
This plan includes: -
- 6GB Data
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 3 Choices

Set up the system to change to

NEW PLAN
90-day pass $120 per 90 Days
This plan includes: -
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 12GB Data
- Fall 2016 Promo

But plan did not change - hoping this can be resolved!
Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Maybe it's a little harder than you think. I have know idea 😞

MVP

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Guess not, it's been going on over a year. They used to be able to fix those issues in minutes to hours. Since the promo that's obviously not the case. If the plan isn't changing, autopay and plan renewal work great.

Yes, I'm sure the Great Forum Mods are trying their best for us to fix the problems on the case by case basis, without modifying their software i.e. 

But what I'm wondering  about is why PM would not fix the bugs in their software itself.. It is so  simple.. Are they really operating on such a tight budget so that they could not hire a high-school or undergrad student  for an hour to a week  to fix  all their bugs? Highly doubt so!

Rockdaddy22
Guess not, it's been going on over a year. They used to be able to fix those issues in minutes to hours. Since the promo that's obviously not the case. If the plan isn't changing, autopay and plan renewal work great.

MVP

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
You need to contact a mod, it's a known bug. Just read through a couple pages of the thread.

"Known"? "Bug"? Really? It would probably take an hour maximum  for any person with half-digested high school computer education to fix such a "bug".

Don't Public Mobile have anyone like that? 🙂

Rockdaddy22
You need to contact a mod, it's a known bug. Just read through a couple pages of the thread.

ashton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I too set the fall $120 promo plan 12GB for 90 days (4GB/month), text, province calling, 90 days, to change when my plan renewed. It did not change today when it was supposed to and I am left at 6GB/90 days or 2GB/month, texting and province calling for 90 days.

I am on autopay. How do I fix this?

arlockhart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just to update you on my experience with future dating the fall promo plan. Yesterday I had a balance of $120 in my account, but no plan (because it wanted to put me on my old, $201 plan). 

Today, I discovered by balance was $0. And, of course, I still have no plan. 

Not keen on doubling down on payments, but it might be the natural next step to just pay so at least I have a phone. From looking around the community, the wait times for a mod to reply seem quite long. 

bulbamuffin

Thats how it looked like in my account and I didn't get the plan change!

MVP

The reason why "future dated" renewals fail? :

I've got first a short text-only $11  texting plan, and then scheduled the switch-over to the Promo 120$/90 days plan on next renewal. Today I topped my account with $120 ahead of time.

However, when   I look at my self-serve page, I see the following (dates mismatch!):

Capture.JPG

I.e. the  existing plan will first renew itself on the 28th (presumably taking $11 again), and then on the 29th it will atempt to switch to $120/90 days plan, but will fail due to insufficient funds ($120-$11).

Am I right? I hope I'm wrong, but let me tag here the moderators in hope that they can prevent the failure

@Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O | @Caroline_D

Rockdaddy22
Absolutely not, no possible way. Don't be surprised if you plan doesn't change properly and you need to contact a mod. It'll most likely renew your 30 day plan unfortunately. It'll be an easy fix for a mod, the wait is the worst part right now.
Need Help? Let's chat.