cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

@MVP, that's what I was hoping last time.  I went from 30 day to 90 day with the 90 being more money than the 30.

My available funds, and various rewards were drawn first, and autopay picked up the rest from my credit card, for the larger dollar amount, but the lower plan stayed on renewal.  It got fixed, but did have an issue.

To me, it seems like the AutoPay should collect after the plan change happens, so it knows what to draw (as it does correctly already), but the system renews the old plan, rather than following the setup instruction to change.

Thank you @stonechucker. It does not contradict what I speculated about above, though..

I was saying  - "have sufficient funds already in  order not to touch the Autopay Credit Card AT ALL"

(if Autopay is the culprit here).

This is based on my observation that I had all needed  funds already in place, and  the transtion went smoothly. You are writing, on the other hand, that your autopay credit card was  charged, even if partially.

@MVP, that's what I was hoping last time.  I went from 30 day to 90 day with the 90 being more money than the 30.

My available funds, and various rewards were drawn first, and autopay picked up the rest from my credit card, for the larger dollar amount, but the lower plan stayed on renewal.  It got fixed, but did have an issue.

To me, it seems like the AutoPay should collect after the plan change happens, so it knows what to draw (as it does correctly already), but the system renews the old plan, rather than following the setup instruction to change.

MVP

@stonechucker wrote:

@MVP, I'm glad to hear you have service, but if you disabled AutoPay, that means you wouldn't get your AutoPay reward for this renewal.  Is that correct?

Mine's coming in 2 weeks, I'd like to know what happens when these work arounds are used.

My plan is new, so the Autopay was never enabled, but I will  enable it  for further payments.

I'm further guessing, that the only important condition for a smooth plan change is to

have sufficient funds   already available on balance, so that the system does not even need to resort to the Autopay (if it is indeed a problem). I presume that the existing funds  on the account  are drawn first. 

So e.g. if you have a  $ sum  equal to  the  bigger  of both old and new plans costs,  

all will go through smoothly. This way you will also keep Autopay discount, since it still registered, but not used for that particular payment.

Unfortunately I have no means for veryfying that, but I hope someone on this thread has! 🙂

@MVP, I'm glad to hear you have service, but if you disabled AutoPay, that means you wouldn't get your AutoPay reward for this renewal.  Is that correct?

Mine's coming in 2 weeks, I'd like to know what happens when these work arounds are used.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Very interesting, thank you.

MVP

So, referring to my earlier post #170

I'm glad to share that my "future-dated"  automated plan change went through smoothly,

from $11 old plan to  the new $120 90-days promo plan.

It all happened overnight, so that  this morning the new plan already shows as active.

I noticed that last night the old plan went to "expired".

I deposited the required amount of $120  a day ahead, and  I had autopay disabled.

Hope this  info helps someone. 

Rockdaddy22
At least you know it's coming so you can be prepared, mine on Dec 14th

PBForMe

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
If your old plan cost more than the new one, that's severe service disruptions happen. It tries to charge the larger amount and fails.

Interestingly enough it seems to be the opposite. It seems that autopay will deduct the correct new amount but will try and provision the old plan.

So in practice, if your new plan costs less then your old plan autopay will deduct the new, lower plan cost but provision the older higher plan cost, leading to a insufficient funds failure and no service.

Luddide I think had a good post on the subject. 

In any case, I have a plan change to the promo coming up in a week and have zero confidence that it will go through properly. PM needs to address this, they've had more than enough time. 

PBForMe

@webshaun wrote:

Don't talk to me like that @Rockdaddy22. You're being rude.

My first bill was $120. My second bill was supposed to be $114 but was $128. It wasn't taxes, it was an overcharge.

Why would it say in my account that the promotion is expired? In what universe would it make sense to record it that way for clients. If this is how PM likes to invoice, then they should rethink their verbiage, because it's nothing but confusing. 

Anyway, I'll wait to hear from a mod.

Your first bill you didn't get taxed, for your second bill 120 minus 6 dollar auto pay is 114 plus tax is 128, so there's no issue.... unless you really want to pay that tax. Smiley Very Happy

litlkitty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
i do not think we will lose this promotion. if you click change plan button you will see the current plan is 12g,but when you go back to main screen,it is 6g. so the plan is there, they need time to fix it i guess

If you made the change before the end of November 20th, as advised in the original posting, you qualify for the promo.  If the plan doesn't renew correctly, you are to contact a moderator, any of them, but only one of them to address your issue to have it resolved.

TonyB
I have experienced the same and don't want to lose this promo and I'm up in two days.

Some help would be great 🙂

litlkitty
i am a new public user, I donot know you have this this issue. I did not top up before 20th,it auto renew 27th, since I saw it shows I will get this 12g plan after renewal. will I still got this plan?

koroshk

Thanks @Rockdaddy22 and @KK!  I'll put in a request, and yeah from what I've read there's a backlog so I'm okay with the wait. 

Rockdaddy22
You'll get the plan don't worry

KK
@koroshk, if you had future dated a plan change for the promo during the promo period, the moderators should fix your account and give you the plan. Put in request. However, it will take time. People have been waiting two weeks.

litlkitty
hi, i request the change in early November from next top up, but is not changed

koroshk

thanks @KK!  In the future, I'll give that a go.  Does this mean I'm out-of-luck for the 12GB promo though??

Rockdaddy22
That's right, just top up to get service. Everyone with a plan change coming up, if your old plan cost more, should expect this.

arlockhart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So... the updates continue. 

Some background: I joined Public in August, I was on the $201 for 90 days plan (including canada wide calling). I had future dated myself onto the fall promo (and gave up the canada wide calling, because I don't need to talk to the people back home that much). That was suppoosed to be my second 90-day cycle, and was supposed to happen on auto pay. On the night before, I had a balance in my account of $120 (made up of $108 as an auto pay (tax was charged on the $108). My switch date came up and my service was suspended. It tried to renew me on my old plan.

A day later, my $120 balance was $0. Still no service.

Today, I topped up with $120 (plus tax). Immediatly my balance was $39, and my old plan was 'active'.

It took a while, but eventaully they turned the data on my phone back on. Now I will just wait for the mods to switch me back and credit my credit card with the $120 I had to put down today.

At least I have phone service again! 

Rockdaddy22
That's exactly correct @JC182 they refund or give you a credit in your account. It's the only way to get service without talking to a mod. It's going to happen to me on the 15th of December:(

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
You got charged $128 on renewal. It is the correct amount. You should have $6 credit from your first autopay. $120-$6=$114 plus 13% tax in Ontario = $128. I could be wrong but that's how I arrived at $128.

KK
When you pre-deposit the money, only the amount charged gets withdrawn. So the extra will just remain to be applied to your next bill.

JC182

Ya it seems quite odd they would keep such an obvious bug around in their system when it's causing so much disruption.  So assuming I can't wait for a week or more to get service again, am I able to just pay $185 for my old plan and they'll be able to credit my account the ~$65 difference and fix the plan on an ongoing basis.  Or is there a better course of action?

@JC182 I also have experienced this once, and expect it to happen again on Dec 16 or 17.

1st time, moving from 30-day plan with autopay enabled to a 90 day.  AutoPay charged correct amount to get to 90 day plan, system renewed my 30 day plan, leaving balance available.  Had to ask moderators for assistance.

On Dec 16 or 17, I expect AutoPay to charge the correct amount again, however the plan I expect to get my current plan renewed, and not my desired promo plan.

I have faith that it will all work out in the end, but yes, I expect the hiccup to occur again.

Rockdaddy22
If your old plan cost more than the new one, that's severe service disruptions happen. It tries to charge the larger amount and fails.

KK
@koroshk, the only advice at this time is to pre-deposit the full $120 PLUS TAX in your account. Apparently, some people's rewards are not being applied and the stated amount due is changing. Hopefully, this way you can avoid those issues and the known bug with auto renew. Ler us know how this works out for you.

Rockdaddy22
It actually only happens when your plan changes. It doesn't happen when it renews the same plan. So once you're on the promo it'll renew no problem every months. This bug has been around a long time, nobody should expect their plan to change properly until it's fixed. I'm sorry 😞

JC182

For the second time in the last year, my plan has failed to renew properly at the end of the 90 day periods even with Autopay turned on.  

1st Time

Couldn't figure out why I couldn't receive texts.  Went online to see my plan didn't renew properly at the end of the 90 day period.  This time I assumed it was a one time system issue and just corrected it.

2nd Time

Set the $120 promo plan to "Change On Next Renewal Date" which was the appropriate action according to the forum for existing customers that wanted to take advantage.  Since I had issues with the previous renewal I even added the money to my account manually a week in advance (even though Autopay was on).  This morning when my plan was supposed to renew, I see I have no service (and the promo plan is obviously no longer available)...

It's getting somewhat irritating having to deal with this every 3 months.

Rockdaddy22
Make sure you have enough money in there to cover your old plan, that's the one it'll change to. That way you avoid service disruption. You'll need to contact a mod to fix it later.
Need Help? Let's chat.