cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It will happen to everyone

jelliotson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Buuuuuump. 🙂 Poor backlogged mods!!! Same thing happened to meeeeee

Haneye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello,

I changed my plan to the new 4gb/month and upon my renewal date which was the 26th I am still only getting 2gb/month. I changed my plan during the deal when 4gb/month was 120$ for 3 months. Thank you!

litlkitty
sent private massage to mod, your phone, acct, and the plan you want, you will get it very soon.

Rockdaddy22
To be honest, they're swamped at the moment, people without phone service for over a week. I would just wait a couple weeks to let things settle down and then private message a mod to fix it.

tdime

My plan did not change to the Fall 2016 promo with the 12 gig at renewal either today.

Do we just post to this thread for Mods to look into or do we message a Mod separately as well?

Rockdaddy22
It probably won't fix itself, you'll need a mod.

ArisingPeace

I'm kind of guessing my account will fix itself, I'll check back in a couple days.

It says 12GB on my bill, but only shows the /6gb for my usage.

Also, when I click plan details it takes me to an error page:

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

My renewal date was just today, so I'm just going wait it out Smiley Tongue

Rockdaddy22
🤐

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks.  I had sent my phone number only.  I tried again with acct number too. 

litlkitty
i sent massage with phone number and account

KK
@litlkitty what method did you use to get assistance? I have submitted ticket and messaged PM's but no luck. I am getting to two week point which is sbout my patience limit. 😛

litlkitty
the mod group is fantastic, they fixed it for me within 24 hrs. thanks.

apearse
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry, I missed this thread but I, too, am experiencing my future dated plan not taking effect on my renewal date which included the 12GB over 90 days. I have now private messaged one of the mods. I hope I picked the least busy one 😉

Adam

litlkitty
luck you

rolomonster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Some good news for this thread... My plan offically changed today from $42 30 day plan to the $120 12gb 90 day fall promo. All autocredits came off as advertised. No need to message a mod or do anything special. Plus somehow managed a $2.00 Community Award without really trying! Public Mobile is AWESOME!

madhatter

@Raja625

PM a mod with your info, links to instructions are abound in this very thread. Based on what I see here you have no worries as long as you do not plan to use up 6Gb in a couple of weeks or faster.

madhatter

Unfortunately, this method did not work for me. Extra money is sitting in the account, and still no service. Do not regret it tho, was worth a shot. Should not be a problem getting this money back thru CC company if need be.

@arlockhart wrote:

So... the updates continue. 

Some background: I joined Public in August, I was on the $201 for 90 days plan (including canada wide calling). I had future dated myself onto the fall promo (and gave up the canada wide calling, because I don't need to talk to the people back home that much). That was suppoosed to be my second 90-day cycle, and was supposed to happen on auto pay. On the night before, I had a balance in my account of $120 (made up of $108 as an auto pay (tax was charged on the $108). My switch date came up and my service was suspended. It tried to renew me on my old plan.

A day later, my $120 balance was $0. Still no service.

Today, I topped up with $120 (plus tax). Immediatly my balance was $39, and my old plan was 'active'.

It took a while, but eventaully they turned the data on my phone back on. Now I will just wait for the mods to switch me back and credit my credit card with the $120 I had to put down today.

At least I have phone service again! 

Raja625
I had my plan future dated for the 12gb/3month promo that was going on last month, but when i check my plan details it says that i'm still on my 6gb/3month plan. Im pretty ticked off because when i checked the fourms i was assured that there would be no issues with future dating the plan. Anybody know if im SOL or is there a way to fix this?

bulbamuffin

it will renew if you have sufficient funds in the account so dont worry. Mod has helped me change my plan to the 12gb one. Fixed within 2 days. Thanks!

chriscpop

My plan failed. Switched from the the 40$ a month for 1GB plan to the 4GB (90 days, 12GB) plan and now my account is suspended.

"Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service."

Also made sure that the balance is 120$. Don't know what else to do. 

litlkitty
click plan detail you will find it's 12g now, so it need time to be fixed

Rockdaddy22
That's correct, a mod will have to fix it.

maoz

Two weeks ago I did switch(future dating) my old 90$ 1G for 3 months plan to that 120$ 12G with unlimited provincial plan, today(Nov-29) is my new plan starting date but it didn't change, now I still see my $90 per 90 Days plan and $30 avalaible funds for next due date - I guess this means I auto paid $120 already.

Rockdaddy22
Suffering lol I love my old plan 🙂 Canadawide talk and 6GB no problem for me, I never go over but I do want that 12GB

I'll just make sure I have the $135+Tax in my account to avoid a service disruption.

MVP

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
But my $6 🤑

🙂 well it is either 6$  or a week of suffering with the old plan.  ur choice :0

MVP

P.S. Also I noticed that last nite my old plan was marked as expired in red .

Perhaps Autopay ON does not allow the old plan to expire, and the new plan to kick in?

Rockdaddy22
But my $6 🤑

MVP

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
It won't work, I've had sufficient funds, I always do. My plan still didn't change properly 2 and a half moths ago, but I had autopay on. Mod fixed it in a few minutes.

OK, then. So,  the difference between your case and my case is the Autopay on/off.

Conclusive test would then be disabling Autopay before

the plan change date, and re-enabling it afterwards. 

Also Public Mobile needs to kick their programmer(s) in the butt 🙂

Rockdaddy22
It won't work, I've had sufficient funds, I always do. My plan still didn't change properly 2 and a half moths ago, but I had autopay on. Mod fixed it in a few minutes.
Need Help? Let's chat.