cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

holhm22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hmm.. my account says the new 12GB data under plan details, but on the "add-on" section in the overview, it's still 6GB. Which one should I trust?

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Good to hear. Thanks.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Just in the past week I've seen more successes then I've seen in a year. So it's definitely looking better

Mana
Mayor / Maire
If it is, that's a very good news.

Rockdaddy22
I just think the system is starting to get fixed.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
@Rockdadyy22. It sounds like you have done all the right things so far not to run into any issues.

With regards to making sure that future dated plan kicks in without any issues, do you mind sharing what you sis, step by step with everyone? Maybe it will help some people out here.

Thanks in advance.

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jonavin wrote:

@PBForMe Does the add-on data allotment say 12GB as well?

It does.

Rockdaddy22
What do you mean nothing worked, just because you had 6GB instead of 12GB? I understand the US part and that's terrible.

benderama

So I signed up two plans and future dated the fall promos for the 30th but those failed. 

I messaged @Shazia_K and @Mary_M a few days ago but no reply since. 

I was without service in the US this past weekend but still patiently waiting. 

Nothing has worked since I signed up on November 20 so hopefully they can switch me to the fall plan, credit me, and start the cycle fresh. 

TIA

Jonavin

@PBForMe Does the add-on data allotment say 12GB as well?

Rockdaddy22
I was speaking to the person above, sorry

PBForMe

I know what it means, but many users don't and freak out. 

EDIT: Sorry, I don't mean on the plan details page, I mean on the last day of your plan when you log in it says in big text PLAN EXPIRED like you have to do something to renew your plan, even if you are on autopay.

Also suggesting it's expired when in fact its the last day, so it's not expired... its expiring... big difference. 

Rockdaddy22
It just means the promo we're on is expired.

Rockdaddy22
My girlfriend also had autopay on, but we had loaded the money a couple days before.

PBForMe

Just to report my future dated plan change to the promo worked successfully on autopay as well. Perhaps they fixed the issue? 

I think maybe a lot of the issues come when people see the 'plan expired' text on the last day then try to start manually adding money and activating plans. 

Just a suggestion, that 'plan expired' text on the portal should really be changed to something like 'plan expiring' with the subtext 'automatic renewal enabled' if autopay is enabled or some such. The way it is worded confuses users. 

Rockdaddy22
Expired is good.
To add to that, my girlfriends plan changed without a problem.

holhm22

Confused with what is showing up on my account right now, Plan Details page says 12GB days, intl text, and prov talk like it should, but what's up with "expired" randomly on the list? Any meaning to that? Also, overview page says I have 6GB data as it was previously, so is my plan actually switched to 12GB or is it still on the 6GB?

XavierTrudeau
No, the only ppl who answered me did on this thread.

@XavierTrudeau thanks.  I was just asking if your future dated plan change got enabled by itself or did you have to request a mod to change it, just like some other people here?

XavierTrudeau
@Mana I dont think he did anything. My phone never stopped working. I expected it not to work because the last 2 times it didn't...

@XavierTrudeau Did you get one of the mods to fix the activation of your future dated plan or did it kick in itself?

gc99

stil waiting for mine to be fixed

plan switchover date was Nov 29

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Did the mod fixed it for you or the auto renewal worked for you now?

XavierTrudeau
Yes it does, and now its active + it says I have 12gb. Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
Does your phone work? If so its normal.

XavierTrudeau
Dec 4th*

XavierTrudeau
Hello,

I had made a change for my plan at the renewal date (nov 4th) from the 6gb/120 to 12gb/120 during the fall promo. Now it says my account is inactive and I must make a payment to reactivate the old plan. Please fix, thanks!

joh

Like mbouletcraig, I sent my 1st email November 22 concerning failed future dating, Ashley fixed mine yesterday (Dec.2).  Everything is restored, I can now make/receive calls.  My pocket is a lot lighter, no longer need my mom's old Nokia flip along with my iPhone. 

I can also email again to get help from PM, wasn't able to for a week.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
I am glad it worked out for you.
What future date had you selected?

mbouletcraig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I sent an email for the failed future dated plan november 23rd and Ashley fixed it today. It can give you an idea of the backlog.

I'm glad everything has been sorted out!
Need Help? Let's chat.