cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

swong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Jeremy_M @Mary_M @Shazia_KI made this change on the day the fall promotion was announced.  

CURRENT PLAN
90-day pass$120 per 90 Days
This plan includes: -
- 6GB Data
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 3 Choices

Set up the system to change to

NEW PLAN
90-day pass $120 per 90 Days
This plan includes: -
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 12GB Data
- Fall 2016 Promo

November 21 came and went...and the plan did not change.

mbouletcraig
Hi,

Me and my wife were had plans that expired yesterday and we both used the future datinf setting to get the 12gb/90 daus plan. My CC got charged for both lines but the plan did not changed... Can a moderator please send me a private message and fix this?

Thanks!

madhatter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My story:

1. Change the plan from 90days/6Gb to 90 days/3Gb a few days before renewal. Future date the change. Anticipating the cost to reduce from $120 to $111, which is what the portal tells me the cost of the new plan is, I prepay the $111 amount. System tells me that it's not enough (need to pay $120 to renew $111 plan?). I chuckle at the glitch and leave it at $111 balance as it should be.

2. On the renewal date the service stops. Logging into the self service portal shows that account is suspended. $111 is indeed not enough to renew on $111 plan.

3. Having $111 balance, I decide to "change" the plan to $111 3Gb plan to shake out some action. First attempt is not successful, as the portal demands that I pay $0 more, which I can't find a way to do. But, after that a button inviting to activate immediately shows up. I activate immediately. The $111 balance disappears and the portal doesn't show account as suspended any longer. Looks like a success.

4. Still no service, contrary to what the portal seems to imply.

Argh...

wedgey

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried a reboot but that didn't fix it since it says my account is suspended through selfserve due to the price difference between my old plan and the new plan.

Hopefully a mod will get back to us to correct this issue. It's been frustrating since I've been without service for a day and a half now.

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Wedgey, have you tried rebooting your phone? The first time I started my phone it could not find the network but when I rebooted it found it and has been working since.

joh

I requested plan change to the fall 2016 promo 90 day 12gb plan on renewal but I too am still on the old 6gb plan.  Sent message to mods.  Hopefully they will get this fixed.

wedgey

I as well. I messaged the mods yesterday but no one got back to me. I was and still am without cellular service even though I'm connected to their signal. It's been like that the whole day yesterday.

KK
I changed my plan to the fall promo 12 GB plan and put my account on autopay. The new 3 month period came up and now my account still says 6 GB plan. I see others have had similar problems. Has anyone succeeded in fixing thier plans?

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I renewed to this new promotion 12GB plan from 3GB plan, I was charged to the new plan price, but still on 3GB plan. Private messaged to mod and patiently wait for a week now.

mrbloop

I'm not sure if this applies to my case as I was able to change the plan manually and my account doesn't show up as "suspended" when I view it on selfserve.

However, it behaves as if my account is still suspended because I experience the following:

-- All incoming calls routed to voicemail

-- Cannot make outgoing calls, send or receive texts, etc.

-- Surfing the net redirects me to the "zero balance" page

I'm not really sure if topping up and changing my plan AGAIN would reinstate my service at least temporarily, unless a mod can confirm?

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Just top up for now and get credited later

clintonkr

Good morning,

My plan was supposed to change today to the promo plan, a future-dated request. Money was taken, I have the correct credit on my account...my account is suspended. I messaged a moderator, however, I figured I'd post my experience here and would also like to note that three times I have future-dated plan changes and not once have they gone smoothly.

This potentially puts me in a difficult situation in regards to the people I have brought over to Public Mobile - here's hoping for a fix.

ocheung85

Also, I suggest looking at the "Users online" and find the mod that's online and send them  PM as well. 

kevin1

I am having the same thing. I ordered the fall promo on Nov 11, effective Nov 20. However, the plan did not change. please help

mrbloop

I am experiencing issues with converting my plan into the fall promo plan, which was automatically set to change on Nov 16. I had the exact same features with my previous plan but the promo plan is much cheaper.

The switch failed but my credit card has still been charged to bring my balance to $120 and my account showed up as suspended.

I was able to manually change to the plan through self-serve, and my account no longer shows up as suspended. However, I still don't have network services. It's been 3 days since I had phone service.

I have already messaged a mod but I would greatly appreciate your help in reinstating my service.

Thank you in advance.

Rockdaddy22
You guys will need to contact a mod it's a known bug.

Juan_1995

I have changed my plan to a 10 day plan with 150mb data, provincial calling, and texting for $31 dollars from my $90 plan as I am leaving the country for vacation in a week. However, instead of the 10 day plan, my former $90 plan went through and was charged...

khanhee

I have the exact same problem as @joaqizzle !

My renewal date is November 20th. I changed my 90-day 6GB plan to the Fall Promo 90-day 12GB plan, last month. Today, I received a text message that my renewal went through and my payment for the next billing cycle was received. Logging into my account shows that I am still on the old 90-day 6GB plan, and all evidence of my "FUTURE DATED PLAN CHANGES" are gone. Unfortunately, I do not have a screenshot as evidence that I did indeed apply this change to my account. However, I have referred 3 people to this plan in the last 3 weeks, as evidenced by my rewards, so why would I not switch over to it myself?

Please help me change our plans to the Fall Promo 90-day 12GB plan! Because today is the last day of the promotion, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could get back to me ASAP, as I don't want to lose my chance of getting this plan!

joaqizzle

My Renewal Date is today (November 20) and I changed my 90day 6GB, Unlimitted Provincial Call, Ulimmited Global Text to the Fall Promo 90day 12GB, Unlimmited Provincial Call, Unlimited Global Text on November 02 (18days before my Renewal Date). The system acknowledged it and I even took a screenshot of it as this is the second time that I changed my plan before my renewal date and my plan did not change upon renewal date. 

Help change my plan to the requested Fall Promo, please.

Thank you.

Nov/02 Plan Change Screenshot

ocheung85
Try private message and the mods, that's how mine got changed

Rick

Hello Public mobile,

I set my plan to future date change to the 90 day promo plan with 12 gb but no change occurred. Please advise.

Thanks,

Rick

Rockdaddy22
Great to hear, thanks for the update 🙂

ocheung85
Just got a reply couple of hours ago and my problem is resolve!! Thanks PM!

mech9t5
@ocheung85

I sent a message Tuesday and it still shows unread. Since I currently have 6gb to use, there is some time to fix it.

ocheung85

Send 2 mods with a message on wednesday and yesterday and haven't heard from either of them... maybe there's a backlog? Frustrating this happened though

Rockdaddy22
It's happening to everyone, it's an easy fix but it'll just take awhile.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

ocheung85

Help please!!

I was on the old plan and was so excited to get the 4 GB plan. My Auto renew date was Nov 8th, and I know I've upgraded my plan to the 4GB promotion before Nov 8th on the website. However when I check today on my usage, I'm still on the old 2 GB/month one. Is there any way this can be resolved?

Just to make sure I won't miss the promo, I've again did the change today for "changes for next pay cycle", but it'd be nice to get the 4 GB early!

Thanks!!

Philipose

Hi

My account apparently only activates on December 1, 2016, even though I've already been charged.

Also I can't access my selfserve at all since apparently it cant recognize the email I signed up with.

I switched over on Thursday, though I've only had service since Sunday night

mech9t5

I did a plan change for Nov 15 from 6gb data to 12gb data and it didn't work.  Still showing 6gb data.

Can someone please fix?  I've sent a PM to Shazia_K already with my info

Need Help? Let's chat.