cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my US data working

agaskin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I know, stupid question but I rather get confirmation before getting a huge bill.

I purchased 1GB USdata roaming package via self serve.

I am now in California roaming on Tmobile.

I received confirmation the add on being successfully purchased. But when I landed there was not public Mobile sms saying I'm good.

Can a mod please confirm, Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

Glad to hear that everything working now
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

agaskin
Hi Community,

Yup up and working well. Getting LTE in the majority of places, drops to 3G every once in a while when I'm in the office, but still adequate enough to use WhatsApp etc. Thanks again for the quick responses and help, much appreciated.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let us know if it's working OP. 

Chaos_Scorpio

@agaskin wrote:
I know, stupid question but I rather get confirmation before getting a huge bill.

You will never get a huge bill ... unless you pay everything up front and were asleep while you made those purchases but I haven't heard of anyone sleep-buying before. Like the others stated, pre-paid. When you use up the service or it exceeds the 10 days it stops working. 

Also note - the 10 days started when you purchased the plan, not the day you arrived in the states. 

WearySky

@agaskin wrote:

I was anticipating a message to say roaming package is active, but the prepay answer would explain that.

Thank you again.

Yup, because it's prepaid, as soon as you purchase a roaming package it actually becomes active.  PM isn't going to send you a message when you arrive in the US the way that other providers will.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @agaskin,

If you are connected to a US network and you have Data Roaming enabled in your phone settings, you are good to go.  

If you encounter any problems, send a private message to one of the mods in the community with your phone number to have any issues resolved asap.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As already mentioned, this is a prepaid service, so if the data is working then it is definitely coming from a successful addon purchase. 

No problem 

@agaskin

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

agaskin
Thanks for the quick reply.

Re: "But when I landed there was not public Mobile sms saying I'm good."

I was anticipating a message to say roaming package is active, but the prepay answer would explain that.

Thank you again.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

@agaskin

About billing you won't since it's all prepaid it's more like you pay before you use service

"But when I landed there was not public Mobile sms saying I'm good."

i didn't get this part can you explain a bit 

also since you in California data working as they suppose too if yes then you all set enjoy your time in California but keep a eye on usage 

if data not working properly for you then try this

Find a wifi connection and login to your self serve and if u.s roaming showing in add on section also check your available funds if you see extra 20 dollars sitting in your available fund then add on haven't purchased properly yet since it's a 2 step process first you buy a addon by credit card money get transferred to your available fund then you buy addon again from your available funds if you see extra fund then follow the 2nd step hopefully that will resolve your issue if you having issues getting data working properly 

but don't worry about billing since pm is truly prepaid service you won't get any charges automatically it's all pay before use system 

Need Help? Let's chat.