cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going out of country, want to confirm how to keep my number/plan

jzmtl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the 3 months billing cycle from end of last year's promotion, and my current cycle finishes end of this month. I will be out of country soon and won't need my Canadian plan obviously, but I want to confirm what I read here before, that the PM will hold the number/plan for one more biling cycle as "inactive" before cancelling it. 

So if I'm understanding this right, I can remove autopay within self serve, and my account will become inactive starting May until end of July. If I resume the payment before end of July, then my number/plan will remain the same and good as new. Is that correct?

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Some people also recommend removing your credit card info as well.

I was is the same zituation in February. Was over seas, let my plan expire and renewed it the day before returning to Canada. Was great way to save a months worth of cellphone usage

First remove your autopay by removing your card if you dont want renew and about to leave then just put a reminder in phone or somewhere and top up on 89th day to keep your service running and active when u get back
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Yes, as said above, your account can stay inactive/suspended for 90 days max. To keep your number and account, you must reactivate before 90 days. 

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

as long as you resume your service within 89 days you will keep your number and plan. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#U1...

Need Help? Let's chat.