cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 30 day plans for visiting relatives / Friends

Lewis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Public Mobile.

I've been on PM since November last year and I am very happen with your serivce and now I have some questions towards purchasing 30 days plans as I have family members / friends come to visit on iregular basis.

I understand I need to purchase sim card for each number that I get. My question is following.

1. Say if I activate a number for 30 days, and after my relative left. How much longer can i keep the same number?

2. Do I have to make payment to keep the number? If so, how much?

3. Say I forgot to charge the sim card and lost the phone number. Next time can I use the same sim card to activate for a new number when my family come to visit again?

Please kindly advise

Best

Lewis

25 REPLIES 25

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes, if the plan change does not happen for some reason, then simply message us and we will switch you over to the 10 days plan. 

Thanks, @Samianauman

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

And also isn't he can only change plan if its active right suspended plan have to go though by mod if users want to change plan ? Right
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Lewis, 

You're welcome! you can do that by scheduling a plan change to switch from a 30 days plan to a 10 days plan all from your self-serve account. 

Here are the steps: 

-On the Overview, click Change Plan.

-Select a Day Pass and plan options for each type of usage.

• A comparison of current and new plan is displayed.
  • A warning appears if the customer has insufficient funds
    • The customer can click the Make Payment to Change Plan button to be directed to the Payment flow. For more information, see One-time or automatic Top-up.
    • Once the payment is complete, they can click Go Back button to be redirected to the Change My Base Plan page.

Submit the order effective immediately or at the start of their next bill date.

• Mid-cycle change: The customer is reminded that there is no refund or carryover of unused services.
  • Future dated change: Confirms the effective date, that current plan will continue until that date and that any previous future-dated requests will be canceled.
    Note: The payment is processed on the payment due date, not when order is entered.

I hope this helps! 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Lewis

thanks @Shazia_K

One more step to confirm

To switch a plan from 30 day data/talk/text to 10 days text only, do I have to contact a Mod or is there a way I can just switch the plan through online portal?

Thanks

Lewis

Thanks shazia
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Lewis

Thank you for reaching out to us! just to add up on some of the answers that our awesome members @Samianauman@SD08@Someone_here@will13am as already provided. 

Say if you activate a 30 days plan, once the plan comes to an end, you have 90 days to make another payment either for the same plan or different one.

If after 90 days a plan is not renewed on the account, then the account
is permanently closed.

You must then activate a new phone number on a new sim. The same SIM card cannot be used if it was previously used on another account.

I hope this clears any confusion, please let us know if any other questions come up 🙂 

Thanks,

Shazia

Lewis

Thanks man

But with this rate of how Mod would respond to request ( I have tagged the mod for over 2 days already and no one responded), I am not very confident the mod would actually do the plan switch on the fly...

They are closed till 9 am est
What you also can do click on shazia name new webpage will open scroll down all the way you will see a icon send a private msg click on it and send shazia a detail msg she will get back to you by private msg sometime tomorrow thanks

But As far I know the way we explain that's how the system work as well
First 30 days plan then once 30 days over if you don't top up plan will get suspended and you have 90 days if you want to keep 30 days plan then you can just top up online by login to self serve
But if you want to change your plan when plan in suspended mode lets sey to 11 dollars 10 days plan province wide then you need to send a msg to mod dept then can manually fix it and swap the plan for you and once its active and then get expired after 10 days same rule applied again 90 days and if you top up 11 days again in between those 90 days plan get active again
And if you want to change plan again you get assistant from mod and they can change to 30 days or whatever plan you need its a simple process but if you want as I mention you can send mod a private msg to shazia she can reconfirm that for you
Thank
Lewis

Lewis

@Shazia_KHi Shazia please help verifying answers from multiple contributors on this question. Thank you

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Lewis wrote:

thank you. Lets say, after 30 days, If I do not need all those data and talk,  my account would be in the "dormant" mode for 90 days.

In this case, can I switch a plan and top up?

The current  10 day - no talk - no text - no data is only 5 bucks. so does that mean I can just top up 5 dolalrs to keep the phone number for up to 90 days?

When my family and friends come to visit, I'd be able to switch plan again to 30 day-talk-text-data plan and top up again.

please kindly advise,

Or who is the Mod here you can help tagging?

Thanks and Best

Lewis

Are you sure you can select a plan with nothing?  From what I have read in other threads, the minimum cost for 10 days is $11 where text is selected.  The base rate for a plan duration does not consititute a plan on its own. 

@Lewis

@will13am is right.  It's not possible to buy a plan with neither talk, text, nor data.  There must be at least one of the three services selected to constitute a valid plan.  Once you buy the $11 texting option and it expires, you will then have 89 days to reactivate from that expiry date.  (I believe the 90th day results in account removal.)  If the phone number is important to keep, I would not wait until the last day to reactivate though, just to give yourself some margin in case of unforeseen problems.

@will13am
Once the account get reactive then refer a friend reward get active too or once account get suspended then referral is deactivated forever

@will13am wrote:

Good suggestion.  I would imagine that when an account goes into suspension, so does the reward.  Otherwise, it would almost make financial sense to keep some bogus accounts in play. 

Yes, as soon as an account is inactive, the person who refered that account receives a text and the reward disappears from their account.

@Samianauman wrote:
You can purchase in advanced and no there's no expiry date on sim card once you activated then its locked up that account can't be reuse but until you keep it inactivated they stay just like new without expiry date on em

Also when you do activate those sim don't forgot to add your number as a refferal you will get reward for that as well if you on 30 days plan. You will get 1 dollars off per 30 days for 1 refferal and if you on 90 days then you will get 3 dollars off
(And you can always use me a refferal lol if you want too):)

Good suggestion.  I would imagine that when an account goes into suspension, so does the reward.  Otherwise, it would almost make financial sense to keep some bogus accounts in play. 

You can purchase in advanced and no there's no expiry date on sim card once you activated then its locked up that account can't be reuse but until you keep it inactivated they stay just like new without expiry date on em

Also when you do activate those sim don't forgot to add your number as a refferal you will get reward for that as well if you on 30 days plan. You will get 1 dollars off per 30 days for 1 refferal and if you on 90 days then you will get 3 dollars off
(And you can always use me a refferal lol if you want too):)

Lewis
One more question, I can purchase some public mobile SIM cards in advance is that correct? Is there an expiration for an inactive SIM card ? Thanks

@Lewis no problem 

You tag mary right what you can do click on her name new webpage will open scroll down all the way you will see a icon send a private msg click on send her private msg:) other easier way to connect t with mod 

Lewis
@Mary_M hi Mod will you please kindly verify with this?

Lewis
Thank you again!

Lewis
thank you!

@Lewis wrote:

thank you. Lets say, after 30 days, If I do not need all those data and talk,  my account would be in the "dormant" mode for 90 days.

The current  10 day - no talk - no text - no data is only 5 bucks. so does that mean I can just top up 5 dolalrs to keep the phone number for up to 90 days?

When my family and friends come to visit, I'd be able to switch plan again to 30 day-talk-text-data plan and top up again.

please kindly advise,

Thanks and Best

Lewis

Are you sure you can select a plan with nothing?  From what I have read in other threads, the minimum cost for 10 days is $11 where text is selected.  The base rate for a plan duration does not consititute a plan on its own. 

@Lewis wrote:

If the account is dormant, you need to send a message to the moderators to reactivate it to a different plan. If you want to reactivate the same plan you had before going dormant, then you can do it by yourself.

I am not sure if you'll be able to chose no talk, no text, no data... it is worth trying!

To know how to contact the moderators, click here. They are available Mon-Thursday from 9am to 9pm and Friday-Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm (eastern time). They usually respond pretty fast to help requests!

@Lewis
Of course you can top up as long you keep the same plan or you can contact mod if you want to make some changes to your plan that you have 90 days to reactivate in between any time
Let's say you change your plan to 10 day plan you could do that after your 30 days renewal comes up but you have to contact mod and they can manually change your plan to 10 days plan and when you want to change your plan again to 30 days one you do the same thing contact mod again and they can change your plan again but as long you keep the service running if you don't top up in 90 days your account will get suspended and you will lose your number and the SIM card as well

And no you have to have a some plan like 10 days service plan you can't have that 5 dollars service with no text no data and no talk its not a plan lol
But you can get a cheapest plan like 10 days province talk only which is 15 dollars or 10days text plan which is 11 dollars

Let's make it simple sign up for 30 days plan Once your friends or family leave then let your account get suspended and wait for 88 days then Contact mod and ask them for making changes to plan to 10 days text plan which will cost you 11 dollars once 10 days up then let it get suspended again for 88 days then if someone back and you need plan again for 30 days Contact mod again and switch your plan I hope that explain your concern this way you will keep the number and sim will stay active

One last thing don't use autopay for this plan or if you do make sure you remove your credit card when its about to get close to renewal date so you won't get charged and plan get auto renewed
Thanks

Lewis

please kindly advise,

Thanks and Best

Lewis

1. Same answer pretty much as 2nd point you have 90 days after you don't renew your plan to keep the plan and number as @CaNuCk07 mentioned as well
2.lets say you use for 30 days then either you can top up again or let it get suspended you have 90 days to top up again or you will lose your number and plan but as long to top up before 90 days you will keep the plan and number mod dept help will be required only if you want to make changes to your plan
3. Once you activate a sim its done you can't re use or activate again unless if you have a sim which never been activated those doesn't expire as long its not activated you can use any time 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

1.  The number would be lost if you let the account lapse more than 90 days.

2.  You would have to keep up the plan payment to keep the number.  But you could reduce it to the most minimal plan possible.  Wouldnt have to be on the same plan.

3.  No idea but interesting to find out.

Scroll to the bottom of this link, has great info on plan expiry.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-about-our-Plans-and-Add-ons/ta-p/22...

Need Help? Let's chat.