cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall 2016 12GB Plan - Data no longer working / not showing usage

typo989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have last year's Fall 12GB promotion. Data has stopped working on the phone. I tried to verify the data usage, but that is no longer showing up on my account (under Add-ons).

The plan still states:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

The plan is supposed to renew on June 11, but I'm sure I didn't max out the data but have no way of verifying.

Any solutions? Thx in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @typo989.  Yes, it's really annoying, in fact.  But @ShawnC13 and @stonechucker have given you the right info.  PM are aware that removing the item from the My Add-ons once data is used up is really confusing, and I believe they are working on it, but no idea when a fix will see the light of day.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

typo989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the responses. I'll wait until the plan renews in a few weeks.

Strange that the site doesn't track 'maxed-out' data usage. That would've negated me from asking 😕

It has been explained before, when data is used up, the usage history is removed, and all references to the current term of data is removed.

unfortunately, unless the original poster is able to purchase additional data, they will be without until their plan renews.

for future data usage, please try to monitor your your usage better, including checking your balance on the website more often (this the only official total PM uses to calculate your usage), and install a monitoring app on your device that you can quickly check to give yourself a decent idea of what your remaining balance is.

please note, updates of data usage may lag, as it is not updated immediately.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agreed with all that the data has been used up.  once it is used it dissapears from the addon section.  you could also add $120 to your account and ask a mod manually renew your plan.  

I would reccomend a data monitoring app like my data manager (both android and apple)  if you are using apple make sure your wifi assist is turnred off.

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can use the Usage History under Plans and Add-ons to calculate how much data you have used. It is not a straightforward process and it's a bit tedious, but it works.

Go to that tab and set start (day when your plan last renewed) and end dates (today) and click View Usage History button. Now, the result you get will likely only have 2 pages, but you need to have all the pages loaded before you can do the calculation.

This next step is very important, if on the first page the dates you've entered are gone, you need to re-enter them before moving to any other page (the dates will be there on any other page, only the first page will be missing them, and if you don't re-enter them you'll get a "No usage available for the time period selected" message when you change to another page). Now you need to move little by little to the last page that will keep moving when you press the >> link. Each time you press the >> link, it will move you to a new page, but new pages will appear after it. Once no new pages appear, then you will be on the last page.

At this point, you are on the last page and you should click the header "Data usage" of the table. This will sort the results by data usage ascending - meaning that non-data will be first, then data from 0 to max. Click the Data usage once again and the results will now be descending - meaning from max to 0 then empty ones (ie. non-data). At this point the first X pages will be all your data usage, and all you need to do is sum them all up (you can use excel to make that easier). And you'll know how much data you've used and even which days you've used the most.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@typo989, sorry to hear you are having some issues.  If data is not showing up under your addons it is most likely used all up for the current cycle.  If this is the case there are a couple of options 1) Purchase a data addon which any unused portion will be caried over until you need it again. 2) Just use Wifi until your next cycle starts.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
But your data Still working or not if yes then you still have data left self serve having issues with data usage would suggest download third party app my data management for future
Hopefully thry will fix the self serve issue soon also try login and click on add on or check add on usage maybe its showing your data usage their instead

Also send a msg to mod they can verify for you since you mention data is not working more likely you have used all your data contact mod you have 2 options if your data is expired either buy add on or ask mod to manually change your plan cycling so this way instead of June 11 you can renew your plan now you are losing some money like that but paying 30 dollars for 1gb bit much I would change billing cycle
Here's how to contact mod if you do decide to change your plan renewal date manually only mod are able to do that for you

Contact mod dept they will help you with the process
In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link then webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your reason with account and email address
Thanks
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.