cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working, but Data Add-on shows data available

TeamMinority
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I am coming near the end of my usage cycle and I have roughly 370 MB of data left on my plan according to my SelfServe account, however my data has stopped working. I searched through the forums and made sure the data add-on is still showing up (which should mean I still have data available). I tried to find other users with similar problems but wasn't able to, so I think this might be unique?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

10 REPLIES 10

Glad to hear issue been resolved 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

TeamMinority

Thanks to everyone who replied. I double checked my APN settings and made sure my data was turned on. I ended up having to create a ticket with Public Mobile and they were able to resolve this for me on their end. I'm not sure what they did, but I didn't do anything on my end to fix the issue.

Sorry I can't be of help to you beachhead. They did recommend taking out your sim card and putting it back in or restarting your phone. If those don't work I'd create a ticket with Public Mobile (https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/contact-us).

beachhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

did you ever resolve this? I am having issues with my data add-on as well.

@TeamMinority
I would suggust download my data management app to keep track your data and turn off background data usage lots of app use background data by turning off you will safe lots of data
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

370MB is really nothing though.  I know that loading something simple as a grocery store flyer often uses in excess of 50MB.  One run at the speedtest.net app often crosses 100MB. 

TeamMinority
Do you know how long it usually takes to update? I received the "95% of data used" text yesterday and then drastically cut down my usage. So I'm surprised I ran out already.

If you have another one available, try your sim card in another phone that is known to be working on Public.  Perhaps you can borrow one from a friend for a few minutes?

I know this is stating the obvious, but double check to make sure no changes have been made to the access point settings.  Also, it's really easy to accidently tap on the slider that disables data, so although I'm sure you already know to look there, take a look just to make sure.

There have been some rare cases where the access points settings got messed up after installing a maufactuer's software update.  I believe that may have been with some OnePlus models.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
What plan are you on 12gb?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TeamMinority, I don't think the selfserve updates in realtime so you may have used that 370mb

@TeamMinority wrote:

Hi all!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I am coming near the end of my usage cycle and I have roughly 370 MB of data left on my plan according to my SelfServe account, however my data has stopped working. I searched through the forums and made sure the data add-on is still showing up (which should mean I still have data available). I tried to find other users with similar problems but wasn't able to, so I think this might be unique?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@TeamMinority  I'm not sure how quikcly self serve updates, but 370mb isn't that much, possibly it got used up?  and just hasn't updated online yet?

Need Help? Let's chat.