cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add on Question

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If i buy the 1gb data add on will it roll over to my next 90 days? Also if it does will the remaining gb from the add on be used after or before my normal data.

22 REPLIES 22

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nicodemus I don't think I've heard of that happening before, but I'd strongly recommend you send a private message to the moderator team using this link.  Include your phone number and details of the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Nicodemus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I addeded funds to my account and then bought an add on of 1gb.  I whipped out what I had remaining off 800mb.  How am I suppose to have this credited?

That's why we all Like pm as well great reception
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

deepg82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my SIM card today with a talk & text plan with data add on. I'm excited because I get reception in my basement and voicemail. I didn't get any of that with my last provider!

@deepg82 wrote:
Can I just buy the 1GB add on to a 90 day plan that just has talk and text? I currently have a 1GB/mo plan and I'd be lucky to use over 250mb. The 1GB add on would be great since it carries over any unused data and I barely use any

Ah, I'm not the only one... Smiley Very Happy Welcome to the "talk/text plan with data add-on" club! Smiley LOL

(I rely heavily on WiFi at home and at work, and use very small amounts of data outside of those locations.)

deepg82
Sweet! I just ordered a SIM card. I've had enough with my current providers lack of reliability. Sometimes I get no signal when I'm OUTSIDE!

Yes you can totally do that!

deepg82
Can I just buy the 1GB add on to a 90 day plan that just has talk and text? I currently have a 1GB/mo plan and I'd be lucky to use over 250mb. The 1GB add on would be great since it carries over any unused data and I barely use any

@srlawren wrote:
Thanks for the mention, @Samianauman. As noted you can buy as many of the non-roaming add-ons as you like. However, I stand by my quoted post from February in that I still totally fail to see why anyone would want to do that. But you definitely can.

Thanks for confirming, @srlawren.

@srlarwen
No problem you guys are milestone of these forums whatever I have learned so far its cuz of you guys and I agreed as well i don't know why someone who buy more then one at a time when adding add-on is so easy i won't buy until I used my first one why would I waste 90 dollars on 3 gb i would rather buy 1 and minimize my usage that's the point of pm plan cut off my wirless process but I think it's a user option if thry want thry can buy multiple add on but thank for clearing the difference between add on and roaming
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for the mention, @Samianauman. As noted you can buy as many of the non-roaming add-ons as you like. However, I stand by my quoted post from February in that I still totally fail to see why anyone would want to do that. But you definitely can.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@wetcoaster

Yes you are right on that sorry for confusion I mixed it up with us roaming apologize for that here's a confirmation by @srlawrenScreenshot_20170506-011450.png

@Samianauman wrote:
As @will13am mentioned you can't buy same add on untill u uses 1 full aloted limit I mean if u buy 1gb for 30 dollars you have to used 1gb then you can buy again its a same rule goes for us roaming plan you can't buy 2 10 days package at same time once you used 10 days then you can buy again

@SamianaumanCould you please direct me to an official source for that? Given that the 200MB and 1GB data add-ons are different from the other add-ons in that you can add them to a talk / text only plan without the need to have data in your base plan for them to work, they might be different in this regard too... There are indications in the forum (from last fall, I think) that people have been able to stack them in the past, ie they had added a second 1GB add-on before the first ran out. However, I might not use the right key words to have the search turning up something from a mod or an oracle that confirms or denies this option.

As @will13am mentioned you can't buy same add on untill u uses 1 full aloted limit I mean if u buy 1gb for 30 dollars you have to used 1gb then you can buy again its a same rule goes for us roaming plan you can't buy 2 10 days package at same time once you used 10 days then you can buy again

If you have data and if it adds up cheaper for you, you can also send a private message to a moderator and ask that they renew your current plan as of today. You'll lose the days left on your account that you haven't used, but you'll get your data renewed!

Harvir_K

I was going to buy 3 gb but i guess i will wait.

@will13am wrote:

I don't think you can buy the same add on as long as the one already in play has not expired or is used up.  It is a bit of a quirk with the system.  I don't know why they would not let customers squirrel away add ons.

I know that that's how US roaming add-ons work, but... do the standard data add-ons have the same limitation? A clarification from an oracle or mod would be nice. (I've found evidence in a thread from last fall that somebody was actually staking several 1GB data add-ons, but I'm not sure if that's still a possibility.)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't think you can buy the same add on as long as the one already in play has not expired or is used up.  It is a bit of a quirk with the system.  I don't know why they would not let customers squirrel away add ons.

Gee

No limit.

But I would just buy what you need.  You can always buy more when you run out.

Harvir_K

Is there any limit of how much i can buy

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

The data add-on will kick in after all your in-plan data is used before the end of the plan period.

Remaining data on the add-on will roll over to the next billing cycle.

*Edit: @Gee beat me to it... Smiley Happy

Gee

As far as I know, addons never expire.  As long as you don't let your account lapse.

Add on data kicks in after your main data bucket is used up

Need Help? Let's chat.