cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA GONE AFTER CHANGING SIM?

frenchy93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, yesterday my data was working fine on my phone, I changed my simcard because I thought my other was malfunctioning, now I can't get data working? It says that I have LTE at the top but the data wont work (Imessage etc.) Calling works as well as SMS.

I also noticed on my Public Mobile Overview it also no longer shows me the amount of data I have used..

Can anyone help me out?

I have tried everything on these help forums by the way.

19 REPLIES 19

frenchy93

I'm supposed to be getting a new phone this week (my phones are supplied through work) so I'm trying not to waste too many peoples time here until I test the sim in my new phone.

@frenchy93
Did you try contacting mod dept to see if there's a issue with service instead of your phone
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

frenchy93

@WearySky wrote:

There hasn't been any follow-up, but did you double check your APN settings?  

Yeah, I checked at APN settings and downloaded unlockit and still nothing. Tonight I will go back to the old SIM card and see if it works.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There hasn't been any follow-up, but did you double check your APN settings?  

@frenchy93
Yep they will fix it for you happy Friday

Update us when your issue gets looked after
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

frenchy93

Yeah hopefully they fix it over private message. It's just too coincidental that it stopped working right when I changed the sim card. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if you have turned your phone off and on and still doesn't work, you will have to wait for the mods tomorrow.  Sorry to hear about your issue

@frenchy93
They probably closed for now hopefully you will get a reply back in the morning tomorrow

frenchy93

@srlawren wrote:

@frenchy93 is it still not working?  If not, then right now send a private message to one of the community moderators for assistance.  If you're not sure how, please see the two links at the bottom of this reply.

Also, after doing that, if you despise the current two-step process to buy an add-on like I do, then please take a moment to read and bravo (vote up) this idea here to simplify it:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step-...

Yeah, 

Still nothing.... 

I send a moderator a private message.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@frenchy93 is it still not working?  If not, then right now send a private message to one of the community moderators for assistance.  If you're not sure how, please see the two links at the bottom of this reply.

Also, after doing that, if you despise the current two-step process to buy an add-on like I do, then please take a moment to read and bravo (vote up) this idea here to simplify it:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@frenchy93
Here you can try few thing
First try sim if different phone this will solve the problem of sim is faulty or it's a phone issue
And if data was working before you swap a sim then I would suggust send a private msg to mod to check if there issue in service network

In your private message to any moderator whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

But I will try sim in other phone first hopefully they will resolve lots of issues if still doesn't work on other device then send a msg to mod

If anything suggestions work do update us

frenchy93

Did that, still not working. 

I went to Celular and turned data on, then went to messages and tried to turn iMessage on and it says that I need to Turn on Data or connect to wifi, but the data toggle is turned on. 

Take your sim out turn off phone insert sim and restart also check apn setting if that's doesn't help reset network Setting as well

frenchy93

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @frenchy93,

Looks like you have used up your data allowance.

Purchasing add-on only goes through if you already have balance in your account as "Available funds".  In your case, just like most people, you didn't have money sitting around as "available funds" in your account.  So when you tried to buy the data add-on, the system directed you to the payment page to add funds to your account.  So you did that and now you have $30 showing as balance.  

Now you gotta go back and buy the add-on.  Its a 2-step process that we have been telling PM to simplify and hopefully will be made simpler very soon.  So go ahead and purchase the add-on now.  

Okay, you are right, I added the data about 15 minutes ago and it shows I have 1 gig. How come my phone still isn't working, does it take some time?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @frenchy93,

Looks like you have used up your data allowance.

Purchasing add-on only goes through if you already have balance in your account as "Available funds".  In your case, just like most people, you didn't have money sitting around as "available funds" in your account.  So when you tried to buy the data add-on, the system directed you to the payment page to add funds to your account.  So you did that and now you have $30 showing as balance.  

Now you gotta go back and buy the add-on.  Its a 2-step process that we have been telling PM to simplify and hopefully will be made simpler very soon.  So go ahead and purchase the add-on now.  

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You buy more data with the add-on. Keep in mind the data you buy with add-on never expires so don't waste it all for the sake of wasting it.

frenchy93

@Shutdown wrote:

Did you use up all your data limit? Your data usage disappears when that happens, though they should really change that.

There is a strong chance I could have but before I noticed it was running out I topped up with a gig of data. How do I reactivate the data. My plan renews on May 17 and my account says 30$ available credit after I paid for the 1 gig of data?

frenchy93

There is a strong chance I could have but before I noticed it was running out I topped up with a gig of data. How do I reactivate the data. My plan renews on May 17 and my account says 30$ available credit after I paid for the 1 gig of data?

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you use up all your data limit? Your data usage disappears when that happens, though they should really change that.

Need Help? Let's chat.