cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges on receiving international phone calls

smor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any additional charges for receiving international phone calls (for Province-Wide plans).

I recently found out that the one country I would occasionally like to make phone calls to is not included on Public Mobile's long distance countries. Unfortunately I only discovered this after buying an additional long distance add-on, but at least I got the credits for the add-on refunded by customer support.

Now I was wondering;

1. whether I can still receive international phone calls from countries which are currently not supported by Public Mobile's calling service?
  2. if there are any additional charges for incoming international phone calls (or even incoming out of province calls)

Couldn't find this information anywhere on the website and was hoping anyone on the forums could share some insights on this.

Thanks!

smor

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Call recipients never pay long distance.  This service being prepaid means no surprise charges.

@will13am correct, with the three big caveats:

1) if you are on a province-wide talk plan and outside of your home province while still in Canada, you will need add-on long distance minutes in order to receive any calls, and those calls will use up your add-on minutes accordingly. 

2) if you are in the USA, you will need one of the US roaming add-ons that includes talk in order to receive any incoming calls from anywhere.

3) if you are outside of the USA and Canada you are out of luck receiving any incoming calls... unless of course you have previously forwarded your calls to a VoIP service and have a data connection (WiFi, or a local SIM) wherever you happen to be at the time of the incoming call.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

On any carrier, it never matters where a call comes from.  It makes zero difference. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Call recipients never pay long distance.  This service being prepaid means no surprise charges.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Here is the knowledge base article that will help you understand how province-wide calling with or without add-ons work. http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dist...

FYI All incoming calls refers to every calls including international. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Incoming are always free as long you receiving those calls while you in province
You won't get any charges lets say if I am on Ontario province wide then I can receive calls from all over the world as long I m in Ontario i get calls from USA all the time also from UK as well if your plan is active and you in province then it shouldn't be any issues for getting incoming calls
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.