cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant recieve texts after Us roaming expired

masterc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have an account with PM and last week was in US with US roaming add on. All worked well. Returned to Ontario on weekend and today when my 10 day US roaming expired my text receiving stopped working. Data works. Calls in and out work. Text out works... just cant recieve texts.
Any ideas?
16 REPLIES 16

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The cell service itself (with Telus/Bell) is great. I have no problems. Just it's a pity that the "self service" web site is not up to the same high standard. But I would not want it the other way around, (bad cell service and great web site) But, as you say, for the price...

nav45

WearySky I was just trying to help him, buddy.Thanks for reminding me anyways.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nav45 you might want to read the whole thread before replying - it'll save you some time, since the problem was already solved ages ago.

nav45

hii

not sure what went wrong.why dont you just restart your phone

nav45

Not sure what might be occurring. It should work. Try easy items first.

Try rebooting the phone?

WearySky

@RogerI yup, this is very true in many respects.  But for the under $30 I'm paying per month for my 4GB provinicial calling plan, I'm willing to put up with a LOT. 🙂  And for the most part, the bugs in question (activation bugs, occasional payment processor bugs, occasional roaming plan bugs) don't seem to be too horrible.  It's not like Freedom/Wind, where the network itself is famously unreliable.  It's just that the back end seems to have occasional hiccups, which I can put up with as long as the service itself remains mostly reliable.

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The more a read this forum, the more I realise we are dealing with an experimental service. Works most of the time, but there are KNOWN bugs, and they just don't get fixed. The normal answer is to just work around them. And you know what, that's NOT our job. I would call that beta software, at best. I would not call it professional service. The price is right, but we pay for it in other ways.

masterc
I noticed, my data usage on my regular monthly account wasnt changing while i had the 10 US roam add on. Makes sense while i was in US for first 5 days but next 5 days i was back in Canada... not that i use alot of data... wonder if that has something to do with it...

Acekiller

Better take note of it for my next trip!

masterc
Thank you @Shazia_K
All works fine now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08@WearySky yes it's intermittent.  I've travelled to the US with the same person [also PM customer] twice since December, and the first time we both had this happen, and after the more recent trip, I was fine but my travel companion had the texting issue.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

@masterc wrote:

This is the second time i purchased a US roam add on. The first time worked without any issues.

Yup - it doesn't happen every time.  Neither my wife nor I had any issues with anything when we purchased US add-ons, but my buddy who went down a couple weeks before us had the bug.  Those are the funnest ones to try to fix, when you have NO idea how they occurred.

masterc
Thanks for the link. Thats the issue.
I have pm'd a mod.

No luck with restarting phone, taking out Sim or even trying an old phone i had with my Sim.

This is the second time i purchased a US roam add on. The first time worked without any issues.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@masterc

This is actually a known bug that sometimes occurs after the US roaming add-on expires, as moderator Mary_M informed us here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Re-Not-Receiving-Text-Messages/m-p/140776/...

According to moderators, it usually self-resolves itself within a day after expiration. The advised course of action is to power-cycle your phone after returning to Canada or after the add-on expires. If it doesn't resolve within a day, you should get a moderator's assistance via private message. They can try re-pushing the SMS service center # in the back-end.  How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Not sure what might be occurring. It should work. Try easy items first.

Try rebooting the phone?

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
masterc wrote:
I have an account with PM and last week was in US with US roaming add on. All worked well. Returned to Ontario on weekend and today when my 10 day US roaming expired my text receiving stopped working. Data works. Calls in and out work. Text out works... just cant recieve texts.
Any ideas?

Try your sim out turn off phone insert sim restart usually work also if you using iPhone then try network reset only as well this will reset all network setting 
Usually sim trick work its automatically reset apn and sms as well 
If you are not on iOS then try your sim in other phone as well
Once you try rebooting try to send a msg to yourself
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.