cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make local calls on Unlimited Provincial Talk Plan

BPSJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

When I tried to make a call, the service tells me that I don't have a long-distance active plan, which is not relevant in my case since I am making local calls. My plans mentions "Unlimited provincial talk" so it should definitely work.

How can I fix this? I've rebooted the phone, pulled the SIM card out and tried it in another phone, resetted the network settings, but none of the above worked.

Thanks,
Bruno

16 REPLIES 16

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @matrixca7,

Thank you for the update !

We have received your message and we will treat it asap - please keep an eye out for our reply!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

matrixca7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having the same problem in Toronto, but the problem still exist. I sent a message to Mods this morning, but no reply.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yishan812005 @sourkey @heyaday @sinthujakrishna Please see here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calls-and-texts-not-working-error-msg-s... I just heard from the moderators that this was an outage and should be resolved now.  Could you please try again?  If still not working, try rebooting your phone and test again.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

When was this thread created?

@sourkey wrote:

I'm having a similar problem. With this thread being created and numerous posts with customers having similar problems I belive this may be a technical problem on Public's end?

I have a "90 day pass" that ends on December 23, 2017. I didn't renew my plan or make any changes within the past 30 days for that matter. 

Still reciving the "Sorry you don't have an active long distance add on"... when I try to make an outgoing call. Calling local #'s I've dialed before. 

Rockdaddy22

@Yishan812005

I edited your post to remove private information. 

Make sure you you guys send private messages to @CS_Agent

sinthujakrishna

I'm also having this issue this morning.  Did anyone reach out to you about how to resolve this?

S

sinthujakrishna

I am also having this issue.  Did anyone respond to your question from public mobile?

S

heyaday

Hello. I'm having the same problems. Can someone please contact me about this error? Thank you.

sourkey

I'm having a similar problem. With this thread being created and numerous posts with customers having similar problems I belive this may be a technical problem on Public's end?

I have a "90 day pass" that ends on December 23, 2017. I didn't renew my plan or make any changes within the past 30 days for that matter. 

Still reciving the "Sorry you don't have an active long distance add on"... when I try to make an outgoing call. Calling local #'s I've dialed before. 

Yishan812005

Hi I cannot make local calls please help 

*******@hotmail.com 

srlawren

@BPSJ thats great news--welcome to Public Mobile!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

BPSJ

Thanks @Mary_M for the support, everything works now!

Rockdaddy22
Thank you so much @Mary_M for the quick work 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @BPSJ

sorry to hear about this !

What actually happened was that your plan did not activate, but don't worry!

Simply restart your phone and everything should be functional 🙂

Cheers!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Just hold tight, they should make contact with you in this thread.

Rockdaddy22
I've very sorry you're having these problems one of our moderators should be able to help you out. @Shazia_K @Mary_M
Need Help? Let's chat.