cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada and US long distance

RaiRai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an unlimited Ontario talk plan, if I add an US and Canada long distance will my phone work in Montreal ? If no, then what do I do if I want to use my phone in Montreal or the rest of Canada ?

2 REPLIES 2

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just to expand a bit on what @computergeek541 said, here's a chart to show what you can do with various talk plans:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dist...

@RaiRai wrote:

I have an unlimited Ontario talk plan, if I add an US and Canada long distance will my phone work in Montreal ? If no, then what do I do if I want to use my phone in Montreal or the rest of Canada ?

When you're in Montreal, you won't need any long distance add-on to make calls to Quebec-based phone numbers.  You will need to use those long distance minutes to receive any phone calls, and to make phone calls to non-Quebec phone numbers.

When anywhere in Canada, outgoing provincial calls (no long distance add-on required) can be made to any phone number that is in the same province that you're currently in.

Need Help? Let's chat.