cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC province wide calling

dd778
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I currently have BC province wide calling plan but i tried to make a few calls from a 604 area code to a 250 area code (both withing the province) and it failed.  I tried with 1+area code+number and also area code+number without success.   I added a long distance add on and the call then teh call went through, but it deducted the minutes from the add on.    I do not think this should be the case..    Anyone else have the same issue.

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Glad to hear it, @dd778.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dd778
Yes, Mary was able to resolve the issue by opening a ticket with support and confirming the call should have been free. She provided a credit for the call I made + a little bonus....
Thanks all for your help.

srlawren

@dd778 was @Mary_M able to assist you with this?  All good now?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @dd778,

I have received your PM and I will do my best to assist 🙂 Please look out for my reply!

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dd778
Confirmed that I was in BC, Richmond, BC..

dd778

PM send to Mary...thx

srlawren

@dd778 have you done as @Mary_M asked and sent her your info via private message so she can help you?  If not and you're not sure how, please see the link at the bottom of this reply for more info.

One last question as I'm not sure after reading through this:  we confirmed that the person you are calling was in BC at the time (this is actually irrelevant--as long as their plan with their provider gives then service wherever they are at the time, they could be anywhere in the world and you could call their number while YOU are in BC without using long distance add-on minutes), but, just to confirm--were you in BC when you placed the calls?  I think you probably were, in which case defintiely message Mary for assitance. I just wanted to confirm.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @dd778,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm really sorry to hear that some of your local calls are being treated as long-distance calls. Your minutes should not be getting deducted since you have provincial wide talk - but we can look into it for you. If you haven't already, can you please provide me with your phone number via private message?

Best regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@dd778 wrote:
Nowhere near the border and the other use was in BC most definately.

Well, in this case wait for the mod to look into this. @Shazia_K. Be sure to send a private message with your account details. 

dd778
Nowhere near the border and the other use was in BC most definately.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Are you sure that person with 250 are code is in BC when you called? If yes, minutes should not be deducted when you call withing the same province. In this case, mod will have to look into your account. 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Is it anywhere near a border?  Could you be connected to a different cell towe r across the border.

Need Help? Let's chat.