cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GB Fall Promotion

tylor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm currently thinking about switching from Fido to Public Mobile. I was thinking about also switching to Freedom instead of Public Mobile instead because of the extra data for the same price. I have a family member currently using Public Mobile who had signed up initially with the fall promotion last year.

However, now I'm ready to do switch, but you do not have the promotion still available which is why I was thinking about switching to Freedom instead. I was wondering if there was any chance of getting that promotion or any thing that you guys could do for a potential customer? 

19 REPLIES 19

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tylor this thread has taken a turn, but as discussed early on, the 2016 Fall Promo plan is a thing of the past.  The main hint there is that it's now well into Spring 2017.  Unfortunately, since Public Mobile just brought back the exact same plan but at a higher price point (as also already mentioned in this thread), I think the likelihood of us seeing the previous pricing level returning any time soon is quite slim.  

My best advice to you is to consider all the above talk about the pros and cons of the two networks, and then consider getting on board now at the current promo pricing if you think PM will suit you better than Freedom.  The current pomo price is still better than the non-promo price, and if it does go down anytime soon, based on the current two promos and the one previous (2016 fall), current customers are eligible to switch to new promos when they are available.  So, you could start getting the benefits of PM's network now and hope for better pricing down the road.  Or, if the current pricing is not affordable for you or you feel that Freedom gives you better value at a pricing point you are more comfortable with, then stay.

You may also want to look at any current in-market or promo plans at other carriers in comparison before making your final decision.  RFD (redflagdeals.ca) can be an excellent source of this type of info if you would like to shop around further.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, the problem with Freedom is the coverage holes. It worked most of the time when I was with them, but sometimes it didn't work at the most inopportune time when I wanted to quickly look something up while I was doing something outside of my regular schedule.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
If you are used to Fido and their reception, you will be very disappointed and will be in pain if you switch to freedom mobiles.

They have many dead zones and very low signal and speed zones in the GTA. I have tested and proven this with different phones and different sim cards, so it is very true. If freedom promises you for great service, it's just a bs coz I have tested this out.

If you want to have service issues and pay for data that is useless and impossible to use then switch to freedom.

If you want great coverage and service then pick public mobile.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can get this promo, however there is only one way to get it (but if you discover it... I doubt getting an awesome phone deal that expired is your biggest priority).

Build a Time machine. 

Otherwise you are out of luck 😉 

But if you had a time machine, see lotto winning numbers, go back a day, buy a ticket ... be rich and who cares about any bills. Hide from the government for the rest of your life as they will probably know something is up as they probably control the lottery ...Robot Frustrated but you have a time machine, just make sure it is nearby to jump time...

(wow where is my head today!). 

Buy a plan now, when a better plan arrives switch. That's what I did, the base prices were good enough for me to save money. Better plan came and I "upgraded"

Agreed again @will13am

I was with freedom since they start their services was been waiting for better service then they bring LTE but with a condition buy phone from us or stick with 3G and that's was it for you
Here another one I was at square one when I was with freedom was trying to check some closing time for a restaurant lol for 15 mins goggle was trying to search for me but thanks to freedom they won't let google to fulfill my request
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Samianauman wrote:
Agreed with @will13am
My brother switch to LTE on freedom and bought a lg v20 on a tab and he's been complaining pretty much daily signals still losing lots of dead spot LTE speed not bad pretty blazing fast but not consistent it's up and down but since he's on tab can't leave freedom unless buy out phone by paying whatever he owe them

He want to join public mobile I showed him my phone and he checked the quailty of being with public mobile 👍🏻😉

@Samianauman, this is why I am no longer a Wind customer.  After 4 years of patiently hoping tomorrow will be better than the day before, I gave up.  It is not about LTE, I can happily consume 3 gigs of data every month even on 3G.  It is when the web page times out before it ever starts to load that is irritating. 

Ahh... that changed from 2 or 3 weeks ago then.  Thanks for the update.

Acekiller

it really depends on your daily activity circle to see if Freedom works for you.

WearySky

@stonechucker wrote:

The 6GB data (full speed) plus everything after that throttled.  Also, the current plan for Freedom is for 10 months only, then you are automatically changed to a higher priced, lower full speed data package.

Actually, the current Freedom 2GB bonus data promotions aren't time limited like the last bonus data promotions were.  These ones are permanent: "You will receive an additional 2 gigabytes of data per month on the Freedom Mobile Home network as long as you remain active and in good standing on the Eligible Plan." (terms

Freedom mobile tried to get me back recently, after upgrade to the new LTE service in my part of Southern Ontario.

The 6GB data (full speed) plus everything after that throttled.  Also, the current plan for Freedom is for 10 months only, then you are automatically changed to a higher priced, lower full speed data package.

I was on Freedom before any promo package was offered at PM. I joined on the 30 day province wide, global text, and 1 gb.  Switched to 90-day with 6 GB, the got the Fall promo when it was offered.

I love PM - it's by far a more reliable provider for me, as Freedom (was WIND at the time) was not accessible in my home or at my work place.

Agreed with @will13am
My brother switch to LTE on freedom and bought a lg v20 on a tab and he's been complaining pretty much daily signals still losing lots of dead spot LTE speed not bad pretty blazing fast but not consistent it's up and down but since he's on tab can't leave freedom unless buy out phone by paying whatever he owe them

He want to join public mobile I showed him my phone and he checked the quailty of being with public mobile 👍🏻😉
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@xCameron94x wrote:

they have the same promotion, but instead of $40 a month its $55. Keep in mind this is LTE data, where freedom is not (Unless you have a newer phone- litearlly came out late 2016 to now), otherwise you'd have 3G data. Also freedom is known for lack of receiption in some areas. 

But its the customers option, and the "buyer beware" I was with freedom for 10 days and I couldnt take it anymore so i switched. $55 is still a fairly decent offer, depending on where you live of course, and how much you are currently paying your provider

The new freedom plans are LTE as well.  However, you need to get a phone with band 66 capability.  Then there's the less than stellar network that you need to contend with.  

WearySky

Not an exhaustive list, but...

Benefits of PM over Freedom:

- LTE data just about everywhere.  Not limited like Freedom's current coverage.

- Don't need to have a phone released in the last 4-5 months to use LTE

- Freedom's 3G network is notoriously unreliable in some areas.  Not just for data, but also for calls/texts going through as well

- Prepaid, so no surprises on your bill

Benefits of Freedom over PM:

- Technically "unlimited" data still I think... You get 4GB at regular speeds, and then throttled speeds above that.  In practice, though, they throttle you basically down to unusable speeds if you use a lot more (say, more than 500MB) than your data amount.

- Better roaming options

- Call centre for support if you need it

@Watoko I think the "home network" is where they have actual towers built. I think the "away" is when you're using one of the big 3's 

Watoko

I still don't understand Freedom's HOME and AWAY zones, so I'd rather go with Public Mobile, go anywhere and not have to worry about roaming versus Freedom's network.

Hi. Unfortunately, the Promo you were referring about, the $40 version is no longer available

The $55 version is pretty much your only option, UNLESS PM were to bring BACK that $40 Promo

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Hi
The Falls promo plan is expired
But public mobile do have a new promotion plan going on for 165 dollars 12gb LTE and province wide with unlimited global texting and if you setup autopay you will save additional 6 dollars which will bring your bill down to 159 plus tax
But about that last year promo sorry it's doesn't exist at the moment and no one can predict if public mobile planning to offer in near future
But comparing public mobile vs freedom I used to be with freedom even though there's couples extra gb data but freedom can't be compared with public mobile services since it's run on bell and Telus tower reception always there and quality can't be compared with any other carrier
But decision is always your
Thanks

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@tylor  Unfortunately that promo from last fall is long gone.  There really isn't any chance of getting back.

However there is a current promo, not as good as the last one, but still pretty decent for $55.

Just to add PM is a great provider and gives you the opportunity to earn rewards to reduce the cost of your plan.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

they have the same promotion, but instead of $40 a month its $55. Keep in mind this is LTE data, where freedom is not (Unless you have a newer phone- litearlly came out late 2016 to now), otherwise you'd have 3G data. Also freedom is known for lack of receiption in some areas. 

But its the customers option, and the "buyer beware" I was with freedom for 10 days and I couldnt take it anymore so i switched. $55 is still a fairly decent offer, depending on where you live of course, and how much you are currently paying your provider

Need Help? Let's chat.