cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB add-on not connecting

dbrown79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a 1GB add-on last week when i had around 150 MB of data left on my usage. 

My credit card has been charged, however, I seem to be out of data on my phone. 

I've submitted a ticket but 48 hours is way to long to wait for a reply. 

So how can this be fixed. I've tried power cycling the phone as mentioned in a previous thread. 

Also, how do i get a refund of my add-on so I can cancel my service and go elsewhere if this can't be fixed in the next 24 hrs. Not a good experience for a first time customer!

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dbrown79 please see the above responses from @ShawnC13 and @WearySky, as you can likely resolve this yourself.

If the two-step process was the culprit, please take a moment to review and consider voting up (bravo button) this idea to have it simplified:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just to clarify @ShawnC13's post - the way that addon purchases work in self service is extremely confusing.  If you don't have money in your account already, the system will first do a top-up for the amount that you need.  But it makes you think you actually purchased the add-on, even though all you did was add the money to your account.  You then need to go and actually purchase the add-on with the funds from your account.  So if you look in self-service and see that you have a balance equal to the add-on cost, that's what happened.  You should be able to add your data add-on without further charges to your credit card.

If you *don't* have a balance in the self-service section, your best bet is to send a PM to one of the mods (you can use the catch-all @CS_Agent now, I believe) and they can help you out.  As an aside, that's generally the best way to get any help you need any way... The "contact us" form really isn't the best route to go, it's slow and often their emails back to customers seem to get lost.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dbrown79, sorry to hear that you are having issues.  If you login back to self serve you will probably see an amount of money in your Available Funds.  That is probably equal to the addon that you wanted.  If it is showing there go in and "re-purchase" the addon and the money will come out of the available funds section.

Let me know if that worked out for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.