cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Who else is staying with Public mobile?

You do need a credit card. It is even stated in PM's announcement that credit check is required which they use a credit card to do. It is even stated not all legacy customers may be approved. So it is not as cut and dry as it would seem. Which does make it harder for pm legacy customers such as myself and others who do not own a credit card in any form. As for the decision I made it myself to stay. The gentlemen who suggested I stay with public was the actual supervisor at the kiosk and he himself is a legacy pm client and a friend of mine for over 10 years.(he was a previous pm kiosk employee).

I understand what the difference is between the two types of plans pre/post. If we have a pre determined amount paid with set (locked in) items then you would think any offers to switch that claims to allow you to keep your exact/existing plan would do just that.

From what you have wrote, all you did was just confirm some of what the Koodo employee told me. You lose things, you can spend x amount above what you believe your monthly amount is (not locked in like pm), a credit check is done requiring a credit card to which they do charge your card if you are late on payment and haven't previously cancelled services.

That is all I was trying to get at. Alot is not told upfront and it is not the same existing plan you will be getting. You will lose options and end up paying more monthly to get the same. For myself personally it is definitely not for me or even remotely close to a option.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

SynnSalvator wrote:
You do need a credit card. It is even stated in PM's announcement that credit check is required which they use a credit card to do. It is even stated not all legacy customers may be approved. So it is not as cut and dry as it would seem. Which does make it harder for pm legacy customers such as myself and others who do not own a credit card in any form. As for the decision I made it myself to stay. The gentlemen who suggested I stay with public was the actual supervisor at the kiosk and he himself is a legacy pm client and a friend of mine for over 10 years.(he was a previous pm kiosk employee).

I understand what the difference is between the two types of plans pre/post. If we have a pre determined amount paid with set (locked in) items then you would think any offers to switch that claims to allow you to keep your exact/existing plan would do just that.

From what you have wrote, all you did was just confirm some of what the Koodo employee told me. You lose things, you can spend x amount above what you believe your monthly amount is (not locked in like pm), a credit check is done requiring a credit card to which they do charge your card if you are late on payment and haven't previously cancelled services.

That is all I was trying to get at. Alot is not told upfront and it is not the same existing plan you will be getting. You will lose options and end up paying more monthly to get the same. For myself personally it is definitely not for me or even remotely close to a option.

@SynnSalvator  It looks like you are one of those well informed and probably a little bit more tech savvy people. No one will be able to beat your argument here since You have a such Friend. I assume that he is a Supervisor not a Manager at Corporate Store. By the way which province are you living in?

When I responded I wasn't arguing with you I only tried to help less well informed people, unlike you, to make their decisions based on truth and not on fear or rumours. By the way any choice would be good. No losers here.

Unfortunately I don't have such a friends but I have some experience regarding that. I know few people that done such a Switch and everything went smoothly no credit checks, no credit cards, no contracts etc and they didn't loose anything. They don't complain so far and even some of them are proud that they help PM to become Fully On Line mobile division of Telus.

You can always come back if you want more data and competitve prices. Otherwise you can  stay put if that is your choice. Nothing to lose or gain.

@Quest I'm from Hamilton Ontario

And no my friend is not the supervisor of that kiosk I went to he is the manager. I did have the supervisor originally speaking to me at the start and he was the one that said credit card for a check was needed and not all who try switching are approved. My friend came up and took over explaining while the supervisor left to help someone with phone issues. My friend confirmed the check was needed. Also was told my plan would lose a fair amount of options to stay at that price or I'd have to pay their $65 a month to keep it exact.

I myself am a legacy that never really used customer service. At the start I did because I lost services and dropped calls all the time all day long but once that was fixed I never had to call them again. So in all honesty as I said before I asked out of curiosity only when I went to koodos kiosk.

I quite enjoy pm but have a long travel for the only option for paying available to me (no credit card) and hate having to over pay with vouchers monthly now but I deal with it. lol
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SynnSalvator  I forgot to ask you on what Legacy Plan you are? Sorry for that. Koodo may have different approach to those former Legacy users, that wanted to switch, with plans over $25 with data included and other features. Anyway, the only Legacy Plan which is worth to stay is $25 Canada Wide, otherwise any of the Newest Plans even without promotion are cheaper if you use data a lot.

As I mentioned before in one of my earliest posts there are no losers or winners here. Some customers switched, they didn't loose anything and they are happy so far and there are those they have decided to stay even with this symbolic increase in price and they are also happy, I suppose. Everybody is winner here.

Highlighted

I think regardless of price increases you need to shop around and stay on top of pricing. It also depends on what you is your device for and if you are unlocked. I recently switched from wind which I was happy with but could not use my current device for their LTE network (which I was aware of). I decided that for the summer I would try PM and access the larger network with LTE speeds.