cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Hauwei Nova Plus Work alright?

RKR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I took back my zenfone 3 laser and now am looking at the Nova Plus. 

Will it work on Public Mobile for LTE and data? etc?

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

adhamrefaat77

Thanks for your help.

Just to inform you that i have made the test in the same place same time with my public mobile

on huawei nova plus and in my wife public mobile on alcatel idol 3.

But after your response i have reset again the network with LTE Discovery and check again,

I got around 50 MB download which is very good to me.

and may be in the update I will get the LTE logo as it happened with you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@adhamrefaat77 that B30 screen shot was just an example.  B4 is the most common band in most areas of the country, but there are several potentially available, depending on where you are and what bands your phone is capable of.  For some others I've personally observed, check here:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Fun-with-LTE-Discovery-widget-LTE-band....  

That speed does sound low.  Is that a consistent result you're seeing across multiple tests in multiple locations?  When comparing against the other phone, are you comparing in the same location at the same approx time of day?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

adhamrefaat77

But I think it should be B4 and not B30, because it gives me download only 7 mb but when i use an alcatel idol with same sim card it shows lte and give me download around 32 mb.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@adhamrefaat77 LTE is 4G.  You're on LTE.

EDIT: it depends on the phone as to how it displays.  For example, on my OnePlus 3 on the original Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS, it displayed "LTE", but after the upgrade to Nougat 7.0, it now only shows "4G".  But it's clearly on LTE at the time, as confirmed by LTE Discovery app.

For example, here's what I currently see:

Screenshot_20170320-114343.png

You can see "4G" displayed in the status bar, yer the LTE Discovery widget clearly shows me on B30 LTE at the moment. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

adhamrefaat77
I got rogers unlocked huawei nova plus but the main problem which I have that it doesn't work on lte it shows only 4g

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Presuming @RKR is looking to purchase a Nova Plus aimed at the Canadian Market (a Rogers or Fido model, I don't believe unlocked versions are being sold in Canada, unless somebody is already selling refurbs), it should be fine.  Otherwise one should definitely be careful.

RKR

That is a very good point!

WearySky

Something to note - it matters which sub-model of Nova Plus you're talking about.  WillMyPhoneWork shows 6 different models.  Two of those models (MLA-L01, MLA-L11) have no 3G support for Public Mobile, so are completely useless.  Another two (MLA-L02, MLA-L12) only support 850mhz 3G and only 2600MHz LTE, which would make them not very good for the PM network (unless you never leave downtown Toronto or live in the Maritimes).  The remaining two models (MLA-L03, MLA-L13) support both 3G frequencies, and support all of the possible LTE bands that PM uses.  So hopefully it's one of those two models that you're looking to get.

McLaren
My coworker has this phone and is on public with no issues

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi, 

no i dont use it but you can read excellent review here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_nova_plus-review-1494.php

Me too i search for a snapdragon 625 device (redmi note 4x/lenovo p2/etc).
Battery life is priority now, beyond performance...
If you buy it, please give us feedback!

RKR

Awesome!  

I wonder if anybody is using a Huawei Nova Plus right now and had feedback/

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RKR  here is a great site to check out your phone and see if it is compatible with the Public Mobile Network.  http://willmyphonework.net/

ETA it looks like it would work on this network.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.