cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S4 Fido

rodolfomartinez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi just wondering if anyone has used a similar handset and if it works well with public mobile. Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yellowpolin wrote:

It works great as just a talk device with limited data usage.

@yellowpolinActually, it depends what specific model of S4 it is.  

@rodolfomartinez do you know the exact model number of your S4?  I'm seeing many possibilities, such as I9515, SGH-i337/SGH-i337M, I9505G, I9500, and SGH-M919V.  We will need to know which specific model to let you know the compatibility.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

yellowpolin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It works great as just a talk device with limited data usage.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@liamandrew94 The M919V is fine but just will not get 4G/LTE speed data;  it is fine for talk, text, and 3G HSPA+ data though.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

liamandrew94

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 12.55.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 12.55.05 PM.png

If you have model number SGH-M919V, it's not compatible with Public Mobile. However, model SGH-i337M works flawlessy (according to WillMyPhoneWork). To check your model, go to Settings, then select Status, and scroll down until you see Model or Version. Happy PMing! 🙂

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I haven't used an S4 on Public but have used an unlocked S4 on lots of various other networks and haven't had any issues. Obviously will need to unlock but shouldn't cost anymore than $10--$15 off of eBay and you will be off to the races on Public!

Cheers

rodolfomartinez
Great it is already unlocked. Thanks!

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello!

Your phone must be unlocked to work properly on the PM network. Mine is a Samsung S4 as well and it works perfectly, I did buy it out unlocked. Get your handset unlocked and try the network. You'll like it.

Yours, 

Need Help? Let's chat.