cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Moto G calls (in + out) not working

MJMaster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just tried to make my first call with my LG Moto G (3rd generation; Single Sim; not locked) today after having activated my Public Mobile Sim end of last week. Data is working fine (full LTE-connectivity) and SMS is working too. Unfortunately I am unable to dial any number (dialing just stops without any signal/sound at all). When trying to call myself from a different phone it just reaches the mailbox. Having looked around the forum quite a while I found that 3G is used for calls (even if LTE is available). The problem is: despite being in Waterloo city center with full LTE-connectivity, forcing my phone to use 3g (by setting preferred network-type to 3G instead of LTE) makes it lose all network connection at all. I already double-checked my APN with the one provided on the forum, turned it off and on several times, took out the sim card, went to different places around the area and double-checked that my phone's IMEI is working according to your website. Any ideas on how to proceed? Phone and SIm-Plan are pretty much useless for me as long as calls do not work.

Best regards and thanks a lot,

Marc

36 REPLIES 36

First remove your imei it's s public forum no personal details bro 😉
@master
Goto this website just to double check if phone fully compatible with public mobile
http://willmyphonework.net

as @stonechucker mentioned as well 

also as u mention another Samsung phone if it's unlock check this phone compatibility as well on that website 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

True, but if voice is failing, it's not fully compatible, or at least possibly not fully compatible.

MJMaster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's a new number, was using a German sim-card before. Haven't used any Canadian Sims before. IMEI: 3554XXXXXXX, Model: XT1541. Phone factory reset is not an option as configuring business related apps can only be done back in Germany. Only got an old Samsung Galaxy S with me which most probably won't work with the Public Mobile network. But I will try later today. Carrier settings to automatic results it to use LTE (which works perfectly fine) until I try to make a call which results in no dialing at all.

Thanks so far!

Marc

@stonechucker
Phone must be compatible since data and text working properly
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Can you check your carrier settings to be automatic?  Are you sure your device is compatible with the network?  What is your specific model number, so we can help you identify what bands you're going to be able to use?

also, has this phone been on a Telus or bell service previously?

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Did you port your old number or it's a new number

also try sim in different phone if you can find one maybe friend or family this way we can check the phone if you still getting same issue on other phone then its a service issue if you don't then it's a phone issue
Also try resetting the network to factory or reset whole phone which carrier were you using before on this moto g
Need Help? Let's chat.