cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset my Samsung S5

Caeser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,i did a factory reset on my S5 but i didn't take out my Sim card.Iam unable to get it get much further than the welcome page and no internet connection.Has anyone any idea's ?

Do i need to re-activate the sim card?

I signed into my a/c on my desktop and it shows my a/c is still active.

9 REPLIES 9

No problem caeser if your issue completely resolved then you can click on solution accepted then topic will be moved to completed section
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Caeser

Thanks sent to Samianauman,appreciate the support.

@ceaser
Glad is working now
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Caeser

First off,sorry it took so long to get back here and thanks for all the suggestions.

The answer was most certainly to connect to WiFi,but it wouldn't let me and it took so long to get back to the page i needed i wouldn't wish it on anyone.No matter how soft or hard i would touch the numerals they wouldn't activate,then i would get 7 or so of the # or letter i was tapping press the back button and lose the screen again.Then the cycle started again.

Once the wifi connection finally occured it went a little easier,personally i wouldn't recommend doing it without first reading up on it,just don't go at it blind like i did.

Again Many Thanks For All Input.

Just as a sidenote,my first attempt i gave up after over 3 hours without connecting went away and tried again the next day before getting connected.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Some android phones require you to login to the last account used with the phone, when you do a factory reset (doesn't matter if the sim is in or not when you factory reset).  That should be the only reason it ever needs an internet connection on setup (if it isn't asking for that, you should be able to skip past just about all the setup steps to get to the main homescreen).  If it *is* asking for a login, yeah, try the wifi option.

@ceaser
Before resetting did you turn off your or sign out from google account

Have couple options for you
Once you on welcome screen you can even take your sim off phone doesn't need a sim when resetting the phone as long you have wifi available click next on welcome page select region and language then setup wifi after you connect with wifi you have to sign in to your google account and if you didn't sign out before resetting then you Need the same google account login details it's a google security think like apple phones if you don't sign out iCloud then first thing they ask after reset is iCloud account

Also If nothing help do a manual factory reset here's how
http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Samsung-Galaxy-S5.how_to_perform_a_h...

Here's the another link for resetting s5

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.androidcentral.com/how-do-factory-reset-samsung-galaxy-s5-wipe-all-dat...

Caeser

Thanks for that info i will try it out tomorrow and let you know.

hnisha
This is excellent info

@computergeek541 explained it well!!!!

No, the sim card doesn't need to be reactivated.  In fact, you can only activate a sim card once.

Sometimes on Android phones, the setup process may be trying to connect to the internet, although I'm uncertain to what the phone is actually doing during that process.  I have seen Android-based phones get stuck for a few minutes at the setup screens before it allows the user to get to the home screen, especially if there is no intenret connection set up.  I would try powering down your phone and removing your sim card.  After that, turn your phone back up and try setting up your Google account and get past the setup process by using a wi-fi connection.

Need Help? Let's chat.