cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Wearables Support?

guillow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

Recently got a LG Watch Sport that has compatibility for the Public Mobile frequencies. I was wondering if Public Mobile has plans to support wearables?

Specifically for them to be able to access/share the plan and the same phone number?

Thanks,

-Steve

11 REPLIES 11

Koach
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would a data-only Sim card work with something like this?

https://www.wish.com/product/5c25f4aca288dd6c987fe2fe?

Thanks.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@guillow as I noted in a reply to your other posting, unfortunately this is unlikely anytime soon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

guillow

Yeah, exactly. Hoping to get 2 sims for the same account to share the data/min etc. But also to use the same phonenumber so that I can receive and make calls from my watch or the phone. Especially if the phone and watch are not together (i.e. out for a run and can leave the phone behind now!)

Great ideas in this thread, would be nice to see if public mobile to add an addon or something, could be additional revenue stream, considering the apple watch is selling like hotcakes...

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Suppose you can just get another sim and account? But you are looking for 2 Sims same account?

skewpar

I just recently got the LG Urbane 2, has LTE support. Hoping one day in the future, we can add a 5$ addon/month or something 😉

guillow

Great points. As others have pointed out this could very well be the next frontier of computing. The US telecoms already have support so there's a model that can be copied over to Public Mobile.

I'd imagine the addition of the revenue stream would be enticing for PM, and since PM users are usually early adopters and more techinically savvy, this might be more relevant as well.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @will13am

We can see more and more android wear 2.0 devices support LTE. There are some rumors said apple watch 3 will support LTE too. If Apple joins this market, no carriers will neglect this trend. Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile have their different target markets. I believe that PM customers have higher acceptability. It is possible to test some new services on PM first. Thanks   

@nishufan wrote:

Wearables devices like smart watch still a small market. Only a few devices support LTE.  I think it will have in the future, but PM should put more effects into customer satisfaction in this moment. Thanks

These little things do make good impressions with customers.  We have to appreciate that Public Mobile is at the bottom of the pecking order.  If you don't see this at Telus, followed by Koodo, don't hold your breath waiting for it to come. 

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wearables devices like smart watch still a small market. Only a few devices support LTE.  I think it will have in the future, but PM should put more effects into customer satisfaction in this moment. Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

At the risk of going off topic, the portable devices has gone full circle.  We started with tiny phone with thumbnail sized screens.  The phones grew in size and now we are going back to wearables with thumbnial size screens again.  For me, I wish a company would build a 7 inch phone with a bezel smaller than those on a tv set. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Currently, no sharing or multiple line support on public mobile. I recommend you to post this idea in the public lab section

Need Help? Let's chat.