cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan expired?

gumbyone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account is due for renewal on the 26th, I have the money thre for the renewal but today when I check the status it says my plan has expired? How can I get this looed at? thanks

17 REPLIES 17

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tyniya12 is your service still working?  If so, you have nothing to worry about.

If it's not working, you need to send a PM to a mod (any of them, ie @Mary_M) with your account information.

tyniya12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I'm having the same problem I topped up late night an it's showing my payments on my account but telling me insufficient funds need my phone this is legit stressing me out someone help!

@gcoulson wrote:

**bleep**, I just fired off an angry message to a mod about this 😞

That's ok. They won't be that mad. Just reply now with a nice tone. They will get to it in the morning. 

gcoulson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

**bleep**, I just fired off an angry message to a mod about this 😞

Halfdome

My first renewal went through last night as well.  Account went from expired to suspended in the morning.  I was just about to write to a mod after breakfast but checked it again and it was back to active.  ☺

gumbyone

Ok, so everyone was correct it did correct it self sometime in the wee hours. From looking at the activity I think I see why it is doing this.

The price of the plan that I am on is actually only available due to a rebate. When the system checks the day before unless you have a 246.00 credit on your account. ( or are on aut pay) available to you the system will text you to say you are due for renewal but do not have enough on your acount.  After the system does this a few hours later it tries to debit your account and again sees that there is not enough funds to cover your plan so it updates your status to plan expired as it should. Then when the billing day is up ( not sure what time they run this at) your plan actually does expire and the system will change to show that your account is suspended. Again as expected, so now I think they have a backend script that looks at all accounts on that specific plan, if there is enough funds ( or completes a cc charge) it will credit the account 126.00 and mark your account as active and enable the plan again while charging the account 25 for the 3 months service, 125 for 3 months data, 45 for 3 months of text and 51 for 3 months of talk. All in total the 3 month plan costs 246.

Now that I see how the system works it is easy to see why is shows what it does and why the timing is so. Having worked on these types of systems before it is really not an easy fix to adjust the software as they have to wait untill the very last min incase someone adds credit to their account at the last second. However there is an easy solution otherwize and this part puzzles me as rather than credit the account the additional funds, all they have to do is lower the actual plan price to reflect the offer and all the account expiry and suspension messages would not  be there unless warranted.

dave

Watoko

LOOL that's a great analogy!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Watoko, remember back in the day when you were 6 years old and you thought you were old enough to try the haunted house ride?  Recall rule #1, ride is best enjoyed with your eye closed throughout.  Rinse and repeat for account renewal.

-_o

Smiley Tongue

@Watoko wrote:

I have to say, my renewal is today and when I logged in to see that message, I also got taken aback there for a split second until I realized that it was normal haha.

They really got to change this, or get rid of the big red words :S

@Watoko, remember back in the day when you were 6 years old and you thought you were old enough to try the haunted house ride?  Recall rule #1, ride is best enjoyed with your eye closed throughout.  Rinse and repeat for account renewal.

@gumbyone wrote:

How do I contact a mod, my acount went suspended so I am thinking something is wrong.

Don't worry. Check back tomorrow morning and everything will be back to normal. Contact mods only if you loose services or plan doesn't renew properly. 

gumbyone

How do I contact a mod, my acount went suspended so I am thinking something is wrong.

@WearySky wrote:

Yup.  It's hard to believe that with all the "big changes" that they've been working on, they still haven't been able to fix this issue (which should, by all accounts, be relatively trivial to fix).  At this point, I almost want to volunteer to bugfix some of the site on my free time just to get rid of some these low hanging fruit bugs.

This one is on their priority list for sure. There must be some complication regarding renewals and that's why its taking some time. 

WearySky

Yup.  It's hard to believe that with all the "big changes" that they've been working on, they still haven't been able to fix this issue (which should, by all accounts, be relatively trivial to fix).  At this point, I almost want to volunteer to bugfix some of the site on my free time just to get rid of some these low hanging fruit bugs.

We will see these topics popping up once again as those with 4GB promo from last year will be hitting their 2nd renewal. 

Watoko

I have to say, my renewal is today and when I logged in to see that message, I also got taken aback there for a split second until I realized that it was normal haha.

They really got to change this, or get rid of the big red words :S

gumbyone

Thanks for letting me know. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@gumbyone This is normal on the day of renewal. If you have AutoPay enabled with enough funds or valid payment method to cover the plan cost, you don't need to worry. Payment will go through tonight and your status will be back to normal in the morning. However, if you loose services, you will need help from a mod. 

Need Help? Let's chat.