cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to cancel service and get refund?

fraoso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am VERY DISAPOINTED with this service. I would like to cancel and get a refound back in the amount of dollar that I have prepaid for a few fucture months of service.

Frank

39 REPLIES 39

@srlawren TBayTel used to be in bed with Bell but switched over to Rogers now

$125 gets you 20GB for the year (use it how you want; 1GB a month, 10GB in a single month, whatever)

http://www.tbaytel.net/personal/mobility/prepaid/informationplans

Just over $6 per GB

Fido $15 for 2GB is just over $7 per GB but needs to pay every month, whereas TBay is a true prepay service so no overages and use it when you need it (data don't expire)

Oh for my west coast people; Thunder Bay (TBay) is the large northern wasteland in NW Ontario

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c had a quick look at the TBayTel site yesterday and was having a hard time finding anything comparable. Also:  I don't think I've heard of them.  Are they a true MVNO?  What network(s) do they run on?  Even 2GB for $15 at Fido isn't bad, esepcially as a top up or buffer if someone needed a little more breathing room than their PM plan gave them and didn't want to look at other alternatives.  (And of course, has a dual SIM phone.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren Fido dropped it to 2GB for $15

3GB was too popular

@kinchattack TBayTel is cheapest if you want a data only SIM

srlawren

@kinchattack actually one other thought:  if you happen to have a dual-SIM phone, you could look into picking up a data-only tablet plan from Fido and using a Fido SIM in your second slot. I believe unless something is changed, you can get 3GB/month for around $15.  So then you would basically have approx 2GB PM + 3GB Fido = approx 5GB data per month, and you could just switch back and forth between the two SIMs for data as needed, while leaving your phone calls and texts on the PM SIM card all the time.  This might be a relatively inexpensive way to augment your data, if around 5GB sounds sufficient and you don't mind the +$15/mo cost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@kinchattack you're definitely not the first to make that mistake, unfortunately.  It used to be more common, before Public Mobile finally updated the plan selection page to say "6GB / 90 days" instead of just "6GB", but it does still happen occasionally.  Honestly, we are so conditioned by traditional, monthly plans, that it's not suprrising that people can overlook this detail.

That said, @kav2001c's solution is probably about your best bet.  There are two things you could consider if you want options to stay with PM, but both are likely expensive.  You could switch up to a plan that has 12GB/90 days (approx 4GB/month).  You could private message a moderator and ask them to move you to this plan if you decide that could work for you, but since there are no promos currently on the 12GB plan, it might not be a great value.  The other option is to use data add-on(s) to bridge the gap between the 6GB/90 you currently have and whatever you actually need.  That said, unless you need very little more than about 2GB/month, at $30/GB, the data add-ons are probably not a great option here either.  I'm sadly thinking @kav2001c's suggestion is probably best for you.

@kinchattack I'd suggest burning the 6GB of data up first then porting out (line is active for complete 90 days) if data bucket was too small

kinchattack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Like an idiot I thought that the plan was 6gb a month but as it is clearly stated it is 6gb for the 90 days. It's just not enough data. Is there any solution to this? I'm not looking for a full refund but anything would help at this point

srlawren

@kinchattack unfortunately, PM being a prepaid service, they do not offer any refunds on cancelled service.  If you've already paid for 90 days only used a portion, perhaps I would suggest waiting unitl a few days before the end of your 90 days before moving to another provider?  Just so you don't end up wasting a ton of $ in the process. 

On the other hand, I had a quick look at your posts and don't see anything about the isssue that is making you want to cancel.  Are you willing to share a little more detail with us?  Maybe we can offer suggestions to work around the issue (if possible).

kinchattack
Hey just looking for come more up to date info on cancelling. Just started a plan a week ago but realized that I had misunderstood the payment structure and would like to cancel my service. I am only about a week into my 90 day contract- am I able to receive a partial/full refund

srlawren

@karimhamasni if you're not sure how to contact @Saray_O via private message, please see the links at the bottom of this reply for more info.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey there @karimhamasni

I'm really sorry to hear that you can't use your iPad with your Public Mobile SIM card. I will assist you with that. But first, could you send me your Public Mobile account number or SIM card number via private message so I can take a look at your account? 

Also: 

- Have you made sure that your iPad is not locked to another network?

- Have you updated your iOS?

I'll be waiting for your message 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@karimhamasni the service will definetly work with an iPad (all models) so not sure why Apple turned you away.

Did you ask at an actual Apple store or a 3rd party store for assistance?

karimhamasni

I purchased a data only plan sim card for use in my iPad. Despite setting the correct APN settings, resetting my carrier settings, resetting the device, and trying everything that I found on google and in this forum, I get an error message saying "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network" everytime I try to visit a web page. After doing some more searching, I discovered that all iPad users are facing issues according to this forum thread:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Public-Mobile-data-plan-and-iPad-compa...

Some people in that thread made suggestions to 'fix it', but all of the suggestions for me (and others in that forum thread) have failed. Apple says to contact the carrier.

This sim card/plan is useless to me now as I needed it only for my iPad as a data only service. I would like to cancel and get a refund for the service. I didn't see anything on the Public Mobile site to let me know that the sims and service were incompatible with iPad.

Thanks

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @maha,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We have also seen your other post - as mentioned, the device is not compatible to our network.

I've also sent you a private message, can you please view it? We'll look into your option 🙂

Looking forward to it,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

maha

Hello,

I tried to switch from Chatr to PM. Although I checked the compatiblity of my phone with PM service and my phone has a 4G capability, I have been told by one of the moderators my phone is not compatible. that's the reason why I get "no service" error when I insert my PM sim card.

I am charged $111. I would like to request for a refund .

Thank you

@vroom complaints for cell service are filed with the CCTS

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

@cbrguy that says you can cancel service & return phone

Nothing about refunds

vroom

@Shazia_K I have placed a chargeback request on my credit card for the amount I was charged for service not received. This is where I am at right now seeing as I am unable to get any response from either PMs to a Mod, or Mods on this forum. 

I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB.

tcsingh

Hello,

I don't want refund but would like my plan corrected in my account. 

Currently it has voice only but I do have plan and paid with talk+text+datat ($120) for three months.

Thansk 

vroom

I would also like to request a refund. I haven't been able to accept calls for 2 days now. This is totally unnacceptable. 

Who do I talk to about this?

rsbaher

@cbrguy 

Thank you! I will definately use this when i get a response from Public Mobile which still has not occured. 

@cbrguy wrote:
http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/prepay.htm

rsbaher

@cbrguy 

Thank you! I will definately use this when i get a response from Public Mobile which still has not occured. 

rsbaher

@cbrguy I did not know that rule existed. 

cbrguy
Crtc ruling gives you 15 days for a full refund does it not?

rsbaher

I am also very Unhappy with the service received, I have been ignored by PM 'managers' and haven't had service, I want a refund. I have contacted many Moderators and 'Managers' and none of them have helped me solve any of my problems. I am NOT paying for a service that was never given to me. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Travis1

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can I know what is the reason you are asking for a refund? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Travis1
I need a refund

Travis1
I would like my funds back i paid 142.00 today on my master card
Need Help? Let's chat.