cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong voucher purchase, possibility for refund?

Kessibus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I am a newcomer to publicmobile and I have a question regarding a voucher purchase that I made in error. To sum it up neatly, I was in the process of activating my new publicmobile SIM. I didn't have access to a credit card so I went to a local retailer to purchase a voucher. (Note: I did not know the difference between the two voucher types at this time.) Neither I nor the merchant understood exactly how the process worked, but I was asked to provide the phone number for my account, so I gave the merchant the number I was going to receive once my payment went through. 

What I ended up with was a real-time voucher (just a receipt with some print on it) for $134.40 and no payment PIN. I thought that if I signed up with that same number, I might at least be able to use that voucher at a later date (or have it automatically added to my account). So I asked a friend with a credit card to help me, but publicmobile's self-serve web site underwent maintenance, and when I was finally able to sign up, the number I had purchased the voucher for was unavailable.

Essentially this means I have wasted about $140.00 that has been credited to someone else's account. I'm not sure if there is any way to rectify this, but I am keen to know if anyone has been through this process before, or knows how best I should contact publicmobile directly about this issue. Please share your thoughts.

Thank you,

K

4 REPLIES 4

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think the voucher amount went to somebody's account, it just didn't go anywhere.

The voucher should not have gone through in the first place since the number does not exist on PM yet.  I am confident that the mod should credit the same amount back to your account!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Kessibus,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that there may have been a mix up when applying the vouchers. 

Just to confirm, real time vouchers are directly applied to your account. If the clerk asked you for a phone number, then those vouchers would be applied to that specific account. Have you been able to log into your self-serve account to view the transaction? If not, I suggest looking into it.

I also regret to inform you but vouchers are strictly non-refundable. 

Can you please send me your phone number via private message, and include a screenshot of the voucher you purchased? (the receipt)

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

I highly doubt a refund will happen in this case.  But then again, I don't work for the company.  More likely, you can get the amount credited to your account.. I also do not believe that the voucher was credited to someone else's account.  How can someone else possibly have your phone number?  I believe it's more likely that the amount was never applied to any account properly.  Are you saying that you gave the retailer a phone number that wasn't assigned to you?  If the amount was placed into someone else's account, that complicates things slightly, but I would say that things are a little more clear-cut if the payment never went into anyone's Public Mobile account yet.

You'll need to contact the moderators but at the very least, you'll need to be able to provide a transaction number of your receipt and/or details of where and when you made the purchase. Also, be prepared to be able to provide a scanned copy of it by e-mail or fax. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Kessibus,

This is a unique problem.  I would hate to hear that you wasted that money in voucher purchase.  As I have never heard of a scenario like this, I will tag our super awesome moderator, @Saray_O, to look into this for you and find a solution.

Provide your public mobile phone number via private message and take it from there.  Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.