cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the payment transaction history so complex?

Tup
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So overnight, the fall promo plan renewed but I can't figure out what I was actually charged based on the transaction summary.  I pm'd the mods but why so compex?!

Jan 26, 2017Unlimited Provincial Talk/Appels Illimités dans la Province $51.00$0.00
Jan 26, 2017Unlimited International Text/Messagerie texte à l'International $45.00$51.00
Jan 26, 201712GB Data/Données 12 Go $125.00$96.00
Jan 26, 201790-day pass/Passe de 90 jours $25.00$221.00
Jan 26, 2017Fall 2016 Promo/Offre de l’automne 2016$126.00 $246.00
Jan 26, 2017Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$71.00 $120.00
Jan 26, 2017Reward - Refer-a-Friend ($1 per active friend) /Récompense - Référez-un-ami (1 $ par ami actif)$33.00 $49.00
Jan 26, 2017AutoPay Reward$6.00 $16.00
Jan 26, 2017Reward - Community/Récompense – Communauté$4.00 $10.00

13 REPLIES 13

texwood

I mentioned in another thread as well that the current billing display is rather confusing.  IMO PM could use an overhaul in displaying the debit/credit information that matches how plans are being advertised.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tup wrote:

Why does fall promo show $126?  Shouldn't it be $120? 

@Tup as @kav2001c mentioned, the $126 is a credit provided by PM.  Any other 90-day plans with a talk, text, and data component will get a $60 credit every 90 days, but the 2016 Fall Promo plan has an additional $66 on top of that.  You will continue to get the full credit every cycle until such time as you explicitly choose another plan, or your account becomes deactivated (90 days of non-payment after the end of your most recent cycle should you choose to turn off auto-pay and not keep paying for your service).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@eppie they do

There is a line that shows what was charged to your card in the list

Public also has a summary page (before renew) that shows plan cost, expected rewards, and expected credit card charge if you prefer less details

I think the reason we see all the detail, is so that we can verify our rewards are applied correctly, along with the amount we actually are charged.

Personally, I'd rather see the current transaction list, than a simplified summary.

eppie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree.  Why not just show how much was charged to the credit card?

That is discount amount

@Tup wrote:

So based on what is shown above, what was I actually charged?  I know tax is not shown and would be added later.  Why does fall promo show $126?  Shouldn't it be $120? 

If you add up plan you can see normal amount charged is $246

Subtract $126 (Fall Promo) is 246 - 126 = $120

The bill is actually pretty straight forward, just think of a balance sheet

Add up both columns and difference between them is what you are charged

First column shows everything you paid, got rewards, and promos

Second column shows ALL charges (so $246 for plan)

Third column is your running balance (in this case $0 once all said and done)

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@jpar  True, but sometimes maybe it jsut takes spending a little time to understand whats there and get used to it.  I didnt have a problem understanding in the method it was presented but everyone works differently.

I don't either, but it seems like a change that could be implemented with little difficulty.

@jpar  True, but sometimes maybe it jsut takes spending a little time to understand whats there and get used to it.  I didnt have a problem understanding in the method it was presented but everyone works differently.

Tup

Credit card bill won't show charge for a couple of days....I can't see the pending charges before they are posted. 

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

It does get a little messy, but as long as the final payment shows up properly thats all that really matters.

This is true, but it would make things easier for customers - and probably cut down on support from mods, etc. - if billing was illustrated in a more user-friendly way.

Looks like you paid $71: 

, 2017Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$71.00 

But check your credit card.

The balance was rewards. Congrats. 👍

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Tup

So based on what is shown above, what was I actually charged?  I know tax is not shown and would be added later.  Why does fall promo show $126?  Shouldn't it be $120? 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

It does get a little messy, but as long as the final payment shows up properly thats all that really matters.

Need Help? Let's chat.