cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the data usage get reset?

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am not sure if this question belongs to this section.  It's kind of related to payment.  Anyway, I have auto pay set up and my next payment date is May 14.  I like to keep track of my data usage and I reset my counter once every 90 days.  So given my next payment date, when do PM reset my usage?  12am sharp on May 14 or the time when they take my money from CC?

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ronster indeed.  Sorry I saw that you had asked about MDM, if it was available for iOS and Android, but I didn't see anywhere where you mentioned you had an iPhone.  If I had, I probably wouldn't have bothered mentioning Data Witness.  Oh well, hopefully MDM can meet your needs well. Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ronster

@srlawren wish there is an iOS version of Data Witness.

@srlawren wrote:

@ronster you could also check out Data Witness, built and provided for free by community member @IWIK.  No need to manually reset your data tracking when you use this or My Data Manager, as they can be configured to match your 90 day cycles.

srlawren

@Nicholas255 wrote:
I do believe it resets at midnight the day your plan runs out

@Nicholas255 at or very near "midnight", yes.  "Midnight" in this case means midnight in Eastern time zone (Toronto/Montreal time zone), so adjust accordingly for your local time.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Nicholas255
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I do believe it resets at midnight the day your plan runs out

srlawren

@ronster you could also check out Data Witness, built and provided for free by community member @IWIK.  No need to manually reset your data tracking when you use this or My Data Manager, as they can be configured to match your 90 day cycles.

@ronster wrote:

@Samianaumanis that ios or android app?  I found My Data Manager in app store.  I used it before but the issue I have was that it requires location service turned on all the time.

No you don't have to leave location on mine is off all the time  if you on android I have turned off my location iOS you can manually fix your location for each app you want your location on or off as well 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

brobinson5662
Also, @ronster, it is available for both iOS and android 🙂

brobinson5662
@ronster

The location and app tracking through vpn are optional. I only use it to track useage, I'm not so concerned about what apps or where I used the data.

Hope that helps!

ronster

@Samianaumanis that ios or android app?  I found My Data Manager in app store.  I used it before but the issue I have was that it requires location service turned on all the time.

brobinson5662
@Samianauman

+1 for My Data Manager app - it works great and accommodates the 90 day period as well as tracks wifi useage and roaming, should you be using that!

ronster
Awesome.. Thanks for all the help.

Your data cycle reset automatically on renewal date
Also you can download app called my data management and you can track your data on that as well and you can setup and make a 90 days cycle plan as well this was you don't have to login and check your data I am been using it pretty accurate and also shows app usage as well
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

To be safe, i would say it would begin when they take money from your account (the start of a new cycle). I could be wrong though. Though, on my last payment date i got a notifcation that i made a payment fairly early in the morning

Need Help? Let's chat.