cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher purchasing

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a quick question, anyone know how long the 'vouchers' are good for?  I pay by M/C myself, but my mother in law is switching at the end of the month (when her prepaid balance expires), she wants to buy a voucher now, but not sure if it'll be valid in 2-3 weeks.

9 REPLIES 9

@flow425 wrote:

Weird because here in ontario today at Zheres grocery store i bought 5 and they all state that have a 90 expiry date.  Is it 90 days to put it onto my account or good for 90 days once in my account. Kinda confusing.

It saying that would be 90 day expiry on the voucher code.

Public Mobile balances do not expire as long as the account it kept open/active/not in suspended state for 90 days.

thomask

I'd need to see a scan of the voucher, however, this is my understanding.

1.  Buy the voucher, (you may or may not have 30-90 days to add it to your account)

2.  $ value of voucher goes on your PM account.  You then have a balance to pay from.  This shouldnt have an expiry date on any funds.  However it may be used automatically to pay your next months service when it comes due.

3.  Rinse repeat.

It's a slightly different story for the add-on, as there isnt a 30 day expiry on the account for those as long as you keep 'basic' service on your plan.

flow425
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Weird because here in ontario today at Zheres grocery store i bought 5 and they all state that have a 90 expiry date.  Is it 90 days to put it onto my account or good for 90 days once in my account. Kinda confusing.

Cloud9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can confirm that there is no expiry

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I have a voucher right in front of me (Shoppers, BC), printed as an add-on to the receipt.

There is no indication of an expiry date.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

From what I recall, every province has passed legislation banning expiry dates on gift cards which include vouchers. 

Pretty sure voucher usually have a quite a few days expiry also when you buy ask the teller first about validation there few details business sell public mobile voucher like Canadian tire shell and shoppers also have some time have a strong feeling they should have at least month or 2 months validation

Check this link
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Do-public-mobile-vouchers-expi...

It's say don't expire
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

thomask

She isnt, and I'd be activating the SIM for her.  She's pretty dependable when it comes to technology in general, has me setup just about everything.

My worry is activating the SIM and account requires a payment, the plan does not automatically 'begin'?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@thomask, if she is with PM currently she can purchase the vouchers and redeem them right away and they "Money" will sit in available funds and when it is time for renewal they can then take the money from the available funds account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.