cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting wonder if this is worth all the hassle

Natedmd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Neither my wife's nor my account will accept either of my credit cards for payment. It was fine three months ago, what's the problem now?

Why can't you set up online banking like every other company in the country? Why do I have to fight with a wall for a month just to activate a SIM? Why, if you're going to force us to use this convoluted payment topping up foolery, can't you at least get your website working?

This is terrible. If everything is supposed to be all super easy "self serve", it kinda defeats the purpose if nothing works.

11 REPLIES 11

@Healerr, and @Natedmd, you both with been with Public Mobile as per your account (15 minutes and 4 years respectively). Not knowing if @Healerr, is the wife of Nate, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with Public Mobile. 

It sounds like you have tried every possible solution that the Community Forum has mentioned and for whatever reason, credit cards don't work for you as expected at Public Mobile. For whatever reason, credit cards have worked great for the rest of the community. Others have used vouchers as well and have worked too. You are rare individuals who had issues with the credit cards and Public Mobile nor the community has a working solution.

I totally get it, sometimes it isn't worth the hassle and enough is enough. Hence why I left Telus and Fido. Move on or pick a better company. Don't sell the SIM cards just in case your credit card have the same issue at the other companies. It will be harder to break because then you are tied to a contract. 

Either way, it was a pleasure seeing you trying Public Mobile. I am wishing and hoping you can find a company that doesn't give you credit card issues. All the best.

Healerr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried setting up my phone won't let me put serial number of phone in. What a joke will stay with same provider I have now no hassle.To me it's not worth the hassle.Bought 2 sims card will get rid them 

@xCameron94x this is an issue for lots of people

My parents-in-law spend 6 months here & 6 months away

I usually do billing for them because system is flawed

There are literally thousands of Canadians who travel or have no fixed Canadian addresses

And that's not even touching on foreigners (students, business men, new immigrants) for whom prepay is far more conveniant due to no credit checks

It's not like Public ever mails us anything so what diff in adding a manual address box?

@xCameron94x wrote:
@echf. I don't think they need to fix the foreign address issue. Public mobile is Canadian, the sims only ship to a Canadian address, and you need a Canadian billing address. I'm sure fido/virgin/ Koodo do the same rules

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Every?

Most prepaid services don't take online banking although I would be curious which carrier you were formerly with?

Heck many of them on postpaid are phasing out things like online banking 

Some banks no longer support many (eg here is link to Scotiabank)

http://cgi.scotiabank.com/cgi-bin/Scotiabank/payments/payments.cgi

@Natedmd wrote:

Why can't you set up online banking like every other company in the country? Why do I have to fight with a wall for a month just to activate a SIM? Why, if you're going to force us to use this convoluted payment topping up foolery, can't you at least get your website working?

@echf weird, I read something on fido recently saying that a canadian credit. card needs a canadian billing address (primary or secondary) for a payment to go through. Perhaps PM put it only canadian because there are no more stores, where you could pay your bill at a store like with Koodo and all other companies. And also because you needed a Canadian address in order to receive the SIM card, I can see it as just being a security measure.

Maybe a mod would have an explanation. It also could be a issue with Telus all together

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@xCameron94x I think Fido and other big companies DO accept Canadian credit card with foreign address or even foreign credit card! I just don't understand why PM don't accept it.

Beside, I assume pre-paid service had less risk for the merchant than post-paid? 

Why Public Mobile is so picky?

@echf. I don't think they need to fix the foreign address issue. Public mobile is Canadian, the sims only ship to a Canadian address, and you need a Canadian billing address. I'm sure fido/virgin/ Koodo do the same rules

I would say try different browser also check credit card billing address have to match exact same as well also try different card also since you do have a service for 3 months or so I would say try *611 from your phone pretty sure you can top up there as well and update card details by calling this number if that's doesn't help then Contact mod dept they can fix the issue from their end
Contact mod dept they will help you with the process
In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link then webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your reason with account and email address
Thanks
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry to hear that, all credit card payment system are known very complicated.

There are security rules set by both the banks and Public Mobile itself.

Acually many transaction got declined because of rules set by the merchant.

You may wish to contact both your bank and the moderator to find out what happened.

I agree this is a tedious process. Public Mobile payment system is quite picky.

For example, Public Mobile DO NOT accept Canadian credit card with foreign address.

That is something I don't quite understand. They should really review their system.

The fastest way of course is try another credit card or purchase Voucher.

Check it out: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay

Public Mobile has a great network and plan.

It is sad to see you leave just because of the payment. 😞

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Did you set up auto pay?  If that is done successfully once, you should never have to bother with worrying about payments until a new credit card arrives and you need to replace the card on file. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Try adding new credit card using private/incognito browsing mode. 

Need Help? Let's chat.