cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Connect with us online!

Mikeyg1178
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife has been in the Philippines for the last 3 months taking care of her father who is ill. I just got a notification that the account has been deleted. I was unaware that it would be terminated had I known it would have made a payment to keep the account alive.
We are both with public her number is 6****** I'm trying to make a payment as we speak for 110.00 so it will remain active until she returns. Please advise how this can be made as she has had this phone number for over 10 years.

Sincerely

6 REPLIES 6

After the 90 days inactive period, the account is deactivated.  To get service back, you will have to activate and pay for a brand new activation and plan.

As for the phone number, unfortunately, by not renewing the plan, your wife has actually lots all rights to that phone number.  However, since the account just recently got deactivated, the phone number should not have already been assigned to a new customer.  Carriers have what is called a phone number aging pool in which deactivated phone numbers are placed into a list of numbers that don't get reused until after a certain number of time has passed.  That waiting period is partially to reduce unwanted phone calls from people looking for the previous user of that phone number. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Sure thing @imm1304 🙂

Hey @Mikeyg1178, all you have to do is hover your mouse over my name and you will see the option to send me a private message - it's super easy!

Cheers,

Mary

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Mikeyg1178,

The forum threads are public.. anyone can see these.  

To get help with account related issues, you are encouraged to send a private message to @CS_Agent with the phone number of the account you wish to discuss.  The team of moderators are online from 9am to 9pm EST Monday to Thursdays and 9am to 5:30pmEST Friday to Sundays.  

Alternatively, you can contact Public Mobile via webmail by clicking on "Contact Us" under the "Get Help" title at the bottom of every page in this community.  This is just for future reference.  

Would @Mary_M please take a look and reach out to our friend having difficulty navigating the forum?  Thanks.  

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Mikeyg1178... please see the post above from @SD08 as the same contact instructions apply to you.

You have several options to connect with Public Mobile including the option of sending them an email or private message.

You may also start your own thread in this forum to see if the community is able to help (those Oracles actually do know a thing or two Smiley Wink)

Good Luck!

Mikeyg1178
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I've been trying like crazy to find any sort of contact where I could reach out to public mobile directly. To be perfectly honest I thought I was doing that when sending this not posting in a form!!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mikeyg1178

Unfortunately, any account that has been dormant for 90 days usually gets deleted, and the associated plan and number lost. In that case, you would have to start a new account with a new SIM and new phone number.

Also, for future reference, this is a public forum, so you should not post personal information like phone number here. Personal info should only be sent to moderators by private message. This could be a moot point though if your number is gone. Just in case, you should probably edit your post to delete that info anyway (Click the three dots in the upper-right corner of your post.)

If you still want a moderator's assistance, here's how to contact them:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.