cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment issues with self serve

christaru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey There,

Having issues doing a payment/setting up autopay with a different credit card.

It says "Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

However I already contact my credit card issuer and they said nothing is wrong on their end and there isnt any hold or anything on my card. I have sufficient balance on the card as well so not sure what the issue is. I get the same error whern doing a 1-time payment and even just setting up autopay. Bill is due in 2 days so any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I recall some people were having issue with Amex

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@christaru yes it's important to make sure your name and address match exactly what's on your credit card statements.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I went through this problem during initial account set up.  My credit card company said their computers rejected the transaction attempts because of mismatching particulars (incorrect card/card holder information).  Somehow, when the portal takes the inputs, it gets corrupted before being sent off to the credit card company.  Eventually, the problem magically goes away.  In my particular case, I resorted to using a different card right away and it worked on first attempt.  I went back to adding my first card over a span of about a week, trying daily and on different computers and browsers.  Finally, it just worked and on the first computer, using the same browser that yielded the first rejection.  If this problem can be explained, the bug would have been fixed by now.

Thanks for following up, glad you are all set to go!

christaru

Update, apparently putting my apartment number was making it decline so just ignored that field and the credit card went through.

Thanks for your help all 😃

christaru

Thanks Canuck, just waiting on a PM back now

@christaru  I'm sure the mods can help, send a message over quick so hopefully can get resolved today.

christaru

Tried a different browser + incognito mode to no avail 😕 Unfortuantely dont have another credit card to use, will see if a mod can help ideally for the autopay bonus if not I'll try those vouchers that SD08 recommended just to get a payment in time.

Another option is maybe try using a different credit card and see if that works?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Many people seem to have success using a different browser, or using Incognito mode (private mode).

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When the billing system rejects your credit card, sometimes using the following tips works:
-clear your browser cache
-use private/incognito browsing mode
-use a different browser
-use a different credit card
-try again later

If none of those work, you could also buy PM payment vouchers at various retailers and use these for top-up instead.  Check here for locations:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay As that list may not be updated, it's best to contact the retailer to confirm what they have before you visit them.

Need Help? Let's chat.