cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On 90-day Autopay, paid last month but text saying payment due now

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Can someone please tell me what's going on??

https://imgur.com/KZUa2Ke

Just paid last month, on a 90-day plan with Autopay. Message says due on March 24th, but self-serve is correct saying no payment till May.
15 REPLIES 15

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The text may be related to his specific, therefor a ticket would not be needed. The back-end team is aware and will rectify as soon as possible! 😃 @srlawren 

Mary​​​​​​​

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M granted ignoring the messages is safe for now, but could you maybe log a ticket to have it further investigated?  These messages would be a bit annoying over time, and also what happens if a legitimate message comes along and is ignored thinking it was erroneous?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ToniCipriani,

Can you please disregard this text message, as it's being sent in error? As long as your services are functional, you should be good! I assure you that your plan expires in May. 

Thank you!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ToniCipriani
So the saga continues... I once again got ANOTHER message saying my balance is insufficient for tomorrow...

@Mary_M PM'ed.

Haven't seen this in a while. Great to see Mary was able figure it out..

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ToniCipriani oh my.  I'm glad Mary was able to sort this out for you!!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ToniCipriani

OK, so what happened actually was, somehow for some reason, my number was associated with ANOTHER account in addition to mine. That notification was for the other one.

I'm suspecting it was because of my failed port from Koodo. After the initial port failed, my number entered a waiting period to be returned to the assignment pool. When they fixed my port, my number was reassigned to my account manually, but it wasn't removed from the assignment pool. So someone else requested a number change and got my number attached to their account.

This also explains why I received the weird call earlier, from someone asking if I was on Public Mobile. It was actually for that account which was doing a number swap, not mine. Timing also seems right, it was about 90 days since I did the failed port, which is exactly the waiting period.

Fingers crossed everything is fine now, hopefully it's all good... Thanks @Mary_M for the help.

ToniCipriani
@Mary_M PM sent.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

probably just a small glitch, nothing that the mod can't help you with!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ToniCipriani,

Thank you for raising concern with us!

If you have in fact topped up for your 90 day plan and it renewed successfully, you should not be required to top up until your next renewal. I can definitely check on this for you - can you please provide me with your phone number via private message? 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

ToniCipriani
@CaNuCk07 well @Shazia_K is already tagged, so let's see what happens. As long as I don't lose service that day lol.

@ToniCipriani  I wouldn't be too worried as long as self serve is correct.  But still something for the mods to take a look at as the text messages are odd.

@ToniCipriani, that is a weird message as it doesn't go with any 30 or 90 day timeline.  Have you purchased a US addon at all?  I will tag a mod and you should click on their name and send them a private message with your mobile number and info and just ask them to verify or look into this.  I am sure the text was sent in error and that your dates in the self-serve are correct but we want to make sure with this date they gave you only 3 days away.

@Shazia_K  are you able to verify that the text saying he has a payment due on the 24th is incorrect?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ToniCipriani
@CaNuCk07 Negative.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@ToniCipriani  Have you made any changes to your account since your payment?  Not that this should happen but its possible it can happen as a glitch.

Need Help? Let's chat.