cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending service until Payday?

ceveinot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is up today but I do no get paid until Friday. Is there anyway to get a few days extension so I am not without my phone? Who would I talk to? I can't find a Customer Service number anywhere 😞

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Acekiller in general I agree.  With the following caveats:

- not everyone has a credit card--some by choice, some don't qualify.  One of the benefits of a prepaid plan like PM is that no credit checks are required, so anyone that might not be able to have a credit card can still have PM service

- you could argue that delaying the payment is just delaying the issue if you are living day-to-day or cheque-to-cheque.  

- if you are carrying a balance on the credit card, about the worst thing you can do is wrack up a still higher balance. Many a house and car has been bought and many a child put through university with the interest payments people give up by carrying a credit card balance.

Okay so those last two things probably come off preachy or judgey--they weren't intended to, I'm just pointing out that a credit card, while convenient for those that use them responsibly, can be a very expensive crutch for those that don't.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the easiest thing is to just pay through credit card, which should give you 2-3 weeks to actually pay your bill

Yawsug

@ceveinot, I am just wondering how this worked out for you and if you were able to get a little extension on your timeline.

There is no official way to get an extension of a few days.  Public Mobile may very well do it if you ask, but don't expect it as they are under no obligation to do so.  I can tell you that in the past, Telus Mobility has extended Pay&Talk (prepaid) plan expiry dates/balance expiry dates by a few days upon request as goodwill/loyalty gestures, but then again, this is when they were charging 25 to 40 cents per minute for local calls.  As a discount carrier, I would expect Public Mobile's goodwill credits and plan extensions would be kept to a minimum.

"By switching to a 10 day plan you could be losing your current plan if you are on the promo plan"

That is correct; reactivating after a 10 day plan means choosing from the current plans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

By switching to a 10 day plan you could be losing your current plan if you are on the promo plan Correct @Luddite.

@ceveinot, for future just to avoid this situation it might be handy to have a payment voucher on hand or make payments to your account during your contract and just increase your available funds account.  Even though I am on a 90 day plan still make payments monthly like with my previous provider and things go smoothly

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ceveinot No wiggle room; prepaid means just that. Robot Sad

If you can afford the overall extra cost you could change to a 10 day calling plan then back again to your normal plan. 

ceveinot

@Luddite I wish it were that simple lol I am scheduled to be on call this week - Those phone apps wont be able to use my phone number (which is the number our scheduling office has) and only work if you are in range of a wifi signal - Which when you're running the roads isn't always an option and obviously my Data is disabled. As I said previously - I am going to message a MOD and talk to them. Worst Case scenario I'll have to cut my losses and go get a contract phone from another company where theres a little more wiggle room for payment dates. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ceveinot If you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. This might tide you over until you can pay for your plan.

ceveinot

Back before PM went all self serve you could actually do it. I had to do it once before. It was just a matter of calling their CSR number (which obviously isn't an option anymore). I am going to message a MOD and talk to them tho! Thanks for your reply 🙂 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ceveinot, no there won't be a way to do that.  PM is a prepaid service and without payment you have no service.  It will suspend your current plan until you are able to make a payment and re-activate your plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@pulp74 haha yes inded i did! 😄

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@CaNuCk07 I know that. I think you wanted to send your previous message to the author of the post, not to me. Did you tagged me by mistake?

@pulp74  Public Mobile is not supported by a phone customer service number, instead all support is probided online.  Something to keep ibn mind for future interactions.

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi i don't think it can be done. Public mobile is prepaid service. Why won't you put your credit card as a payment method? It will give you 30 days before you can pay your card statement bill? In any case you can send a private message to one of the moderators and ask this question. Here is how:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...
Need Help? Let's chat.