cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant activate account - Visa issue

jacob123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I ordered my sim card, received it, and am now trying to start my service. I am porting a number from Bell, and live in BC, cCanada if it helps at all. I get ot the point of entering the billing info. I am certain it is entered corect because I have attempted it about a dozen times. My Visa account is fine.

I talked to Visa, and they said the payment should be accepted, and is not being declined, but that I am entering the expirty date incorrectly. Visa is receiving the payment request with an expiry date one month earlier than the one I enter/is on my card. I tried selecting an expiry date 1 month ahead of the actual one to try to work around that, no luck. So Public Mobile is messing up the CC information it seems.

Anybody know how to fix this issue? I have used multiple browsers and the problem persists. 

12 REPLIES 12

@jacob123 Some VISA customers who have an apartment/unit number in their address have found that using JUST the street address is accepted by PM's system, i.e. 5000 Main St, not 15-5000 Main St.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jacob123

Note there are two kinds of vouchers listed on PM's voucher retailer list, regular and real time.
A "real time voucher store" loads the value immediately onto your account at the store, and the value can be any amount you'd like.
A regular "voucher store" gives you a code that you can use later to top-up your account when you want, and these will be in set denominations up to $100.

When checking for retailers on the PM site, if the type of voucher matters to you, it's best to contact the retailer as to what type they actually carry, as that list may be somewhat out of date. For example, I've discovered that some Canadian Tire Gas Bars actually sell regular vouchers even though they are listed as "real time voucher stores." Additionally, I've recently found that it's not only CT gas bars, but also some CT regular stores carry the vouchers.

mimmo

Thanks for update and welcome to PM.  Hope to see you participate in teh community

jacob123

Hi everyone,

So I dont have another credit card I can use, so it seems like I will need to try purchasing vouchers.

A moderator set up my account with a temporary plan, so that I could use the service now, and have time to figure out the payment solution. So, as of right now, my recommended resolution is to PM a mod and ask them to set up an account for you so that you can deal with the payments but have service in the time being.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Here's the link if you don't know where to buy Pm voucher link have all details about public mobile voucher
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Where-can-I-buy-payment-vouche...
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SD08

If you don't have another credit card to try, an alternative is to buy PM vouchers, available from various retailers, which you can use to make a manual payment.  Once you get the account working, you can then work on adding the credit card for the autopay rewards.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jacob123, from my recollection of past relevant posts, the moderators cannot really intervene on changes to the payment card information, like they cannot process the entry for you due to security reasons.  I can confirm from my own experiences that there is a bug in the system where for unknown reasons, the wrong information is shipped to the payment card company even though the customer entered everything correct.  As the result, the card company declines the tranaction.  The solution that worked for me right away was to use a different credit card.  I tried 4 different computers and 3 different browsers without success.  Switching credit cards worked on first try.  Then I had to switch back to the preferred card some time later.  That took several tries over a weeks time before it finally worked.  Once it worked, I was able to switch back and forth between my two credits cards without triggering the bug.  BTW, the card I had problems with was a visa card.

Long story short, if you have a different credit card, give that a try.

mimmo

try a different browser or incognito mode. might help.

jacob123

Thanks again!

SD08

No problem.  Welcome to PM.  Smiley Happy

Also, since private messaging is the moderators' preferred method of communicating with you, I recommend making sure that e-mail notifications for receipt of private messages are turned on for your community account.  To do this, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger.  There will be a checkbox next to "Receive email notifications for new private messages" which you can toggle on/off.  Be sure to hit save after making the change.

jacob123

Thanks, I just PM'd a mod we'll see what happens next.  Ill post a solution if i get one.

SD08

You should send a private message to a moderator for help with this. Include your account number with your old provider, the name authorized on that account, the phone number you are trying to port, your PM SIM card number, and of course, the details of the plan you want.

How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.