cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a payment voucher in Vancouver, BC

jacob123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

To start this off, so far public mobile has been terrible. I want to use the service, but it continues to add more and more obstacles to being able to. A moderator let me use a 10 day temporary plan to figure it out, but I can still not make a payment via visa or find a store with vouchers.

On the site, I went to the voucher vendor page and searched for local stores to buy one from (a bug in the visa payment system wont allow me to pay by visa...) and found places nearby to purchase a voucher so i can set up my 90 day plan. The addresses were clearly incorrect, which I realized after going to 2 of the locations.

So, where do people in Vancouver get them? I'm in downtown, and would like to go to the closest place, but really anywhere that actually sells them would be good. I'm asking here in community since the store locater for vouchers does not work properly, and I dont want to go to a third store to find out the address is not correct.

Thanks

PS, public mobile, fix your site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the most critical parts do not function, how are you expecting to get paid??

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Owenswake wrote:

Call ahead of time but I think you should be able to top up your phone at any London Drugs. I just called one close to kits & the guy who works there told me I could bring my phone to go top up my phone. 😊

Just use recharge.com.

Other than that...really in fact these vouchers are not hard to find. You're in just about any store and you see a display of gift cards and such and then they have a little pinpad type terminal thingy and Public Mobile WILL be in there. They very likely won't know it but it'll be there.

I've not experienced the real time voucher use.

Owenswake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Call ahead of time but I think you should be able to top up your phone at any London Drugs. I just called one close to kits & the guy who works there told me I could bring my phone to go top up my phone. 😊

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hello Jacob,
I used to buy vouchers. To find a real place with the correct address you need to be at "where to buy Public Mobile Payment Vouchers" then select province and city. Press search. Usually the Real Time Voucher stores are the ones that can print out payment vouchers. I recommend calling before going to the store.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think mastercard works a lot better with PM. Try that if you have one.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I will send you pm about this. It is something i am considering to keep it secret for now Smiley Tongue

Need Help? Let's chat.