cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account deactivation period

TP0703
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I have an account that I intentionally have on suspended status.

The user (my family member) is currently out of Canada and is planning to come back after a few months, so he asked me to just not pay for the next cycle and have it suspended..and when it comes close to the '90 days', just pay for the basic service to keep the line alive.

So, the previous renewal due date was November 20, 2016, and I thought I had until mid-February to pay and keep the line alive, as per the message from Public Mobile (I highlighted the 90 day part from the message as below):

===================================================

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

However, the next part in my account shows as below (please see red highlighted part which is confusing to me):
  • Plan Expiry Date: Nov 20, 2016
  • Account Deactivation Date: Dec 21, 2016
  • Current Balance: $0.00

Account Status: Plan Expired
Shouldn't the deactivation date 90 days from November 20th, instead of December 21st? 

Also, I have recently received emails from Public Mobile, with subject 'Tell us why you left...'

So, the account deactivation date as well as the email convince me to believe that I have passed the deactivation date, but I can still log into the account and the first message is 'deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received'...which is from November 20th.

Can someone please clarify the whole suspension & deactivation periods?
10 REPLIES 10

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jaspreetkaurt - unfortunately, the longest you can go without renewing service is 90 days.  But that's 90 days after his current term's expiry date.  Because PM is a prepaid service, it doesn't have any notion of a temporary/vacation hold.  You pay for 30 or 90 days of contiguous service up front, and that's what you get, and that's it.  So whenever your husband's current term expires (whenever the next payment is due), if you don't pay on that day (turn off auto-pay), you'll have 90 days grace period to go without renewing, after which the account will be closed, and you'll lose the phone number attached to it.

jaspreetkaurt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

Actually my husband is going out of canada for 4 months so is there a way to put the services on hold so he can save money. Because he is not able to use the Public mobile services for those 4 months.

Is there any way?

Please help.

carleenmasik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have the same problem and it won't accept my payment.

TP0703

@Saray_O

Thank you Saray!

I have read your message, thanks for your prompt help.

Saray_O

Hey @TP0703!

I just sent you a private message 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TP0703

@Shazia_K

Hi Shazia,

I have sent a PM to you..please check and help me.

Thanks

Terry

TP0703

@MoreYummy wrote:

Deactivation in PM is when they simply delete your account.  However it should be 90 days after the current plan expires and no payment.  So your email is wrong.   Wait for official to clarify or change for you.

Yeah, just like WearySky said, it looks like it's a bug in their system..I am just concerned the account will be entirely closed because of that bug before the expected due date.

I will PM mods to get it checked..thanks for your reply.

TP0703

@WearySky wrote:

It sounds like a bug.  If you can still login to your account and make a payment, your account hasn't been deactivated yet.  But, as always, your best bet is to PM one of the mods just to make 100% sure.  For example, @Shazia_K (doesn't really matter which one though, as they will all see it).  Make sure you include all of your pertinent account details (PM phone number, account number, etc)

Thanks, I will PM the mods to get it checked and clarified.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Deactivation in PM is when they simply delete your account.  However it should be 90 days after the current plan expires and no payment.  So your email is wrong.   Wait for official to clarify or change for you.

WearySky

It sounds like a bug.  If you can still login to your account and make a payment, your account hasn't been deactivated yet.  But, as always, your best bet is to PM one of the mods just to make 100% sure.  For example, @Shazia_K (doesn't really matter which one though, as they will all see it).  Make sure you include all of your pertinent account details (PM phone number, account number, etc)

Need Help? Let's chat.