cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting from koodo prepaid

Andy3030
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for Public mobile plan (with a new number).  I need to port my Koodo prepaid number and am having problems through the website (like many others it appears).  My Koodo prepaid renews in two days and I would like to port before then.  Please assist. Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kathwilkins wrote:

Yes, to go in-store Dec 15 - Jan1/19, free for a month, no sim card charge and "easy" port your number.  Power has been out where I live for over two days, finally got out today, left it late now, I know, and the store could not port my number.  Told me it would be easy peasy to port myself online, not.  Any help from the community would be very gratefully received.  PS, older lady maybe not that tech savy as much as I would like to think so......  Thanking you in advance, Kath

I'd like to see the exact wording of this promo you saw.

The promo like that that we know of is pay for the first month, free sim and then you get a credit to get a "free" second month. So already there's something confused going on.

It IS easy to port numbers. But alas...Koodo prepaid requires the moderator.

You've done the right thing waiting until about the last day of your current service to get full value for it but it just so happens that there's thing about Koodo prepaid.

kathwilkins

Yes, to go in-store Dec 15 - Jan1/19, free for a month, no sim card charge and "easy" port your number.  Power has been out where I live for over two days, finally got out today, left it late now, I know, and the store could not port my number.  Told me it would be easy peasy to port myself online, not.  Any help from the community would be very gratefully received.  PS, older lady maybe not that tech savy as much as I would like to think so......  Thanking you in advance, Kath

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kathwilkins, There was a promotion at a Koodo store to transfer to Public Mobile?  Seems extremely odd...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kathwilkins.  Unfortunately, since Koodo & Public Mobile share some back end administrative setup (or something like that), porting a Koodo prepaid number to Public Mobile requires the assistance of a moderator (PM staff). 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Note that they are currently running at about a 2-3 day wait...

kathwilkins

So, if I don't hear back asap I am going to be charged 20.00 by koodo for renewing my plan.  This was not my understanding when I went "IN STORE" as the promotion suggested to port my number and sign up for Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kathwilkins wrote:

I need to port my Koodo prepaid number to my new Public Mobile account.  This should not be this hard, please help.

Koodo prepaid requires the moderator.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

kathwilkins

I need to port my Koodo prepaid number to my new Public Mobile account.  This should not be this hard, please help.

JerryTang96

awesome!!! thanks,A GREATE COMMUNITY !!Smiley Very Happy

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
There you go Jerry 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @JerryTang96

Sorry for the late reply, 

Can you please reboot your phone? the transfer has been completed. 

Thanks @Rockdaddy22

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K if you have a chance do you think you could please take a look at this.

JerryTang96

I send the private message to @Mary_M and @Shazia_K 2 weeks ago about the problem of the porting from Koodo prepaid  but never get reply and port. can any of them help me resolve this  ?

my support request (#4893-1754)

Rockdaddy22
Great news 🙂

alice_z

Already solve, used one hour. Thank u guys so much! This community is awesome!!! 5/5 starts!! ^_^

alice_z

I also had a pronlem with porting koodo prepaid number to my pc phone, and I send email 3 times!! BUT none of them were replied, which made me feel disappointed. Did anyone can help me to solve this problem??? @Mary_M @Shazia_K @Pier

Rockdaddy22
I'll also tag @Saray_O just in case she's the first one in, in the morning. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue, hopefully it's an easy fix in the morning.

Rockdaddy22
Glad Mary was able to solve this for you, welcome to the PM family. 🙂

Andy3030
Ported successfully by @Mary_M. For anyone following this thread, make sure you change your APN settings for data to work properly. Search"APN" on the forum or Google it.

Andy3030
Thanks to both of you. @Mary_M, I have sent you PM with relevant info for my port. Looking forward to my new service.

@Pier It's simpler just to tag @Mary_M @Shazia_K rather than suggesting a private message. The private messaging will only save time if the client supplies all the needed info.

I have never tried it, but apparently leaving a message on the PM Facebook page will receive a response.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hello!

Sorry to hear that. Just send a private message to Shazia_K or Mary_M and one will be assisting you in the process. Welcome on board and enjoy your service.

Cheers.

Need Help? Let's chat.