cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim network unlock PIN

peterichard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im sure im not the only one who got this problem,

I just registered on Public Mobile, switching from Bell Aliant.

when i booted my phone up im getting

SIM Network Unlock PIN, where can I find this code

thanks! 🙂

24 REPLIES 24

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @NeilsPhone,

Sorry if you have already posted any of these details, but....

1) what kind of phone is it?  brand and model?

2) what network is it locked to/who sold you the phone?  I'm guessing Bell? 

3) you said Bell "cannot" unlock it?  did they say why?  They cannot or will not?  have they tried?

4) PM says your account is good, meaning active?  Have they tried to unock it?

5) what happened when the 3rd party tried to unlock it?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NeilsPhone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, We have tried everything. Bell cannot unlock this phone. A third party couldn't unlock. Public Mobile says the account is good. What can we do?

December 1st 2017.

Not yet. They will be obligated at the end of 2017.

edalgaard

I had the same thing happen when I tried to switch to my daughter's old phone (which is still way better than my POS). What I'm wondering now is whether the new laws governing locking of phones to carriers mean I can get it unlocked for free? Does anybody know if the carriers are legally obliged to do this now?

peterichard
12 hours

hreiland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long did it take?

@peterichard, glad things worked out for you and welcome to PM

@jbeales, this thread was about a  locked phone. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jbeales

hi , we are not talking about phones locked to certain carrier, we are talking about sims that have a pin to unlock it, a complete different case

srlawren
@peterichard great news! Welcome to Public Mobile!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

peterichard

Alright guys,

I got a Network Unlock Code from ebay. Paid 10$. Im now a proud Public Mobile customer.

thank you for all your replies.

Yawsug

@peterichard, Just wondering how this worked out for you.  I have used an unlocking service to unlock m y Rogers phone when I came to PM and it was avery simple process where I received my unlock code in my email within a couple of  hours.

@jbeales, if this were the case, no phones would be locked to a carrier longer than 5 minutes.

Yes, this is true for Bluetooth devices such as GPS units, or headsets, or possibly even printers or scanners, but certainly not for carrier locked cellular phones.

The original poster will need to determine what carrier this phone is valid with, and have that carrier unlock it for them.

jbeales

hi, most devices that have a pin used four zeroes as default

@peterichard wrote:

Im sure im not the only one who got this problem,

I just registered on Public Mobile, switching from Bell Aliant.

when i booted my phone up im getting

SIM Network Unlock PIN, where can I find this code

thanks! 🙂

A phone asking for a network unlock pin most definitely means that it is locked to another carrier.  Hopefully, your ebay unlock code seller can provide you with the correct one.  After you receive the code, restart your phone and enter the numeric code with your keypad.

srlawren

@peterichard please keep us posted

peterichard

Paid 10$. Its well worth the try

peterichard

I bought one off ebay for my samsung S5. Im stil lwaiting for the code. Hopefully this will work.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@peterichard, I used www.mobifree.net  when I unlocked my phone from Rogers.  I think I payed around ~$15.00 you could also try www.cellunlocker.net

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Yes it sounds like a locked phone. Happened to me before when I first put the PM SIM card in a locked phone to Wind. 

You need to buy the code from Bell or maybe ebay if you have an Android 

Your phone is definitely locked to Bell.
You will need to unlock it. Public Mobile won't be able to help.

You can contact Bell for the code, or try third party unlocking services (search Google or eBay).

Good luck!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@peterichard, is your phone unlocked?  If you are using the same phone your phone could be locked to Bell and you will need to either find a phone that is locked to Telus.Koodo/ PM or an unlocked phone.

peterichard

Tried 1234 before posting this and it didnt work but thank you for the suggestion

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@peterichard  Sounds like something a mod will need to assist you with.  I've tagged one here @Shazia_K, but will help speed up your resolution if you send a private message to the moderators with your account info and the problem.

A quick search through the forum might also help, found the below, 1234 might work.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-default-PIN-for-Public-Mobile-SIM-...

Need Help? Let's chat.