Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messages - viewing and creating

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Updated July 20/17.

To view private messages that have been sent to you, locate the small envelope to the left of your avatar. Click it and your mail will be displayed.

Messages - retrieve.jpg

Normally the feature "email subscriptions for private messages" is automatically activated. If you wish check, click on My Settings under your name, then in the Preferences tab you will see "Private Messenger". Email subscriptions for private messages can be toggled on/off.

If you want to reach the moderators now click this: message to moderators.

Otherwise to create a private message for someone, locate their name in a post, or anywhere you see it, and put your mouse pointer over their name. When this box appears click Send Message and compose your message.

send pm.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
134 REPLIES 134

Sharaput
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will message moderator. Thank you. 

Sharaput

Essentially went through that process. Bought the text, talk and data add on. Wasn't working so called 611 from New York (could call it there, but not from New Orleans). She was able to do what I think you're suggesting. I can talk and text, but can't get data to work. 

@Sharaput, you would be better off to start a new thread rather then tag onto an older one.  Not sure why you can't login to the wifi.  For the US addon it is a two step process,  The first "purchase" actually just puts money into available funds.  You will then need to go in and "re-purchase" the addon that then takes the money from available funds and activates your purchase.  If you have done this two step process, you will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team

to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* SIM card number(if available)
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Sharaput

Paid for $20 US add on (phone, texting and data). I can't log on to free wifi, or use my own data. What's going on with this? Please fix! 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ggpamp please send a private message to the moderator team for assistance

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Have you contacted a moderator about this issue? @ggpamp

ggpamp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i had cell service for 2 weeks, now  my phone says no cell service. why?

Rockdaddy22
Actually I think page 1 of this thread will help a lot, maybe I'll go read it now 🙂

Rockdaddy22
That would be a good start if you need help.

Hopefully others read this, just contact a moderator if you need help with your account, it's all ver simple.

srlawren

@daniela29 did you send a private message to the moderators yet?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

daniela29

I have paid for service in August, yet I am unable to make/receive calls and send text messages.  Why not?

MOBILE1

ACTIVATED MY SIM BUT DID NOT RECIEVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL. PUBLIC MOBILE TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT BUT MY SIM IS NOT ACTIVE. I TRIED TO LOGIN TO SELF SERVE AND I KEEP RECEIVING Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address. WHY HAVENT I RECIEVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND WHY WOULD THEY TAKE OUT THE MONEY WITH OUT MY SIM BEING ACTIVATED? I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME ASSISTANCE.

Rockdaddy22
I'll tag a mod for you. They should make contact in the morning. I'm definitely sorry for this delay.
@Shazia_K could you see why they haven't received a response yet, thank you.

VickyT

I did activate the notification to me send to my email when there's anew message, but nothing have happened.  I've checked my email inbox + junk for numerous time, and still see nth

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes, indeed the device is locked after further investigation @fadaba, and it will need to be unlocked! 

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

Thanks @Mary_M!  

The phone being locked to Rogers is still a potential issue above and beyond the failed port, no?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @fadaba,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I was able to something on your account. It seems like your port failed, please view my private message for more details. You should also be able to unlock your device if it's locked !

Mary

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
@fadaba I don't work for public mobile I'm just a customer. Typically they do not offer any refunds since Public Mobile is a prepaid provider. You could ask for an exception, but you will need to contact a moderator via private message for that. Please see the two links at the bottom of this reply for more information on how to do so.

fadaba

Yes I am no longer a costmer for Rogers. Can you refund for me, because I just paid by visa hour ago.

srlawren
@fadaba the compatibility checker only checks that the phone is capable of working on Public Mobile, and yours is. But it also needs to get unlocked. Your phone is currently locked to only work on the Rogers network, which is how they sold it to you. You will need to contact Rogers and pay them to unlock it for you (if they are even still willing to do so now that you are no longer a customer)

fadaba

Yes this Iphone from rogers , is north america phone, And I checked IMEI is avelabe for public mobile,then I purched SIM card from you.

fadaba

This Iphone 5 is my old phone from rogers. I chech IMEI on your website its workes.

Then I purched SIM card.

srlawren
@fadaba is your iPhone a North American model, or from overseas? Also you mentioned locked--where did you get the phone? Was it from purchased unlocked from an Apple store? Or was it from a cellular provider? If from a provider, which one? Telus and Koodo phones are fine, but if it's from any other carrier it will need to get carrier unlocked to work with Public Mobile.

fadaba

I just finished payment and activity my account, but the SIM card couldn't activity. My IPhone 5

even locked, time to time said try again, Its not working How can I get refund?

@NDesai wrote:

@Luddite Screenshots needs an update Robot LOL

'ta

@Luddite Screenshots needs an update Robot LOL

@daredogg Thanks for posting that the images were missing. I decided to clean up my images list, deleting those I don't plan to use again. I did not realize that images MUST remain in your images folder to be visible in one's posts.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Luddite was this one of the images you had previously posted, where to enable the Receive email notifications for new private messages option? I noticed your images have red Xs through them. Thanks for bringing our attention to this option!

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 8.09.02 AM.png

Rockdaddy22
Good point
Need Help? Let's chat.