cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Limbo -13 days and counting

lilliana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been 13 days since I signed up and my number has still not been fully  ported, but partially . Actually ,

I can make outgoing calls but not receive them nor send/receive SMS. Put a support ticket  on 22nd of November  .So it's been 13 days now. On Friday (2nd Dec) i sent Private message to Moderator!

I had try  to choose a new number but process failed,  just to finish with this "limbo mood".  I dont really care for my old number anymore. "My Patience lost patience." .And Old Chatr service is in expired status for a week now, anyway.Thanks for any input or advice.

8 REPLIES 8

lilliana

Big thanks  Luddite for "Bravo" !!!

lilliana

Thanks Luddite. will post when happen! 🙂

Thanks for the update.

Good luck; hope it's not much longer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

lilliana

Thank You Ludite. i already try to change number but failed . you can not to do phone number change on patrially port-in number ( unsuccesful few times trying to change number). And as you mentioned i think also that Mods should cancel my  partially port-in. I asked that in my private message to two moderators. Best!

Unlikely you can get a 905 number; PM does not seem to have access to any. 

lilliana

Thanks "ajanda" for the great info. I really do not need my old Chatr number.

I asked mod to stop ( cancel) porting  process and assign me any available 905-805-xxxx number.

I think thats easy to do by Public Mobile techies.

Honesty , i dont want to spent extra $20+tax to reactivate Chatr Number, because i do not need anymore to keep my old number. Cheers..

I think you may be able to terminate your port-in by taking a new number; but I am not certain. To try that just pick Change Number on the Overview page. Though, a quck search of the forum shows you may need moderator imput to cancel a partial port-in.

You could also give this a try:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p....

I do think @ajanda is correct though; your port-in will not succeed unless your Chatr account is active.

ajanda
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A friend of mine just got his partially port fixed today and they were coming from Chat-R. The issue you descriibe in your post was excatly the same case. Outgoing calls work but any incoming ones would ring on the Chat-R sim. They had send a support request using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the website around Nov 18. Private messages were send to two of the mods on Nov 20 but not of those were looked at. An agent had called yesterday and the port completely works as of today. It took just over 2 weeks to get resolved. They had to top up there prepaid Chat-R account because the due date was at the end of November and they didnt want to lose the number. Just have to be patience. The wait is long unfortunately. The good part is once they contact you they are really quick in responding and I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

In the meantime keep your Chat-R sim active by picking the cheapest $20 plan that way you still have service and just continue using the Chat-R line until you get a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.