cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported successfully ?

rogerrulez
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, 2 days ago I signed up for PM and I ported my number from Chatr late at night. I don't have any service and although the old sim is still "active" when I log into Chatr it says my account has been cancelled. But I cannot send or receive any texts or make any calls. My phone with the PM sim shows as me having the number I ported but I suspect it has not been completed sucessfully. 

No customer service to call, what the hell am i supposed to do now ??

33 REPLIES 33

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@icecold1 wrote:

Yes I rebooted my phone after the message I got was port number successful my port number from Koodo is 902-789-5740 my new number is from public Mobility is 902. 306 5819

@icecold1 in addition to what Stonechucker said, you still haven't answered my question about what works and what doesn't.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@icecold1, this is not a private messaging board.  Please edit your post to remove the phone numbers from your recent post in this thread.

icecold1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I rebooted my phone after the message I got was port number successful my port number from Koodo is 902-789-5740 my new number is from public Mobility is 902. 306 5819

srlawren

@icecold1 wrote:

it said Number ported successfully 

@icecold1 okay, so, what exactly is and isn't working?  Are you able to make outbound calls?  Receive incoming calls on your ported number?  What about sending texts?  Receiving them on your ported number?  Did you try rebooting your phone after receiving the text that the port completed successfully?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

icecold1

it said Number ported successfully 

icecold1

yes i did 2 times

srlawren

@MacMe wrote:

@icecold1 wrote:

i have waiting 3 days for my phone to switch over. Tomorrow i will be going back to koodo for GOOD

Did you try contacting the moderators and asking for help?

@icecold1 sounds like you have a failed port.  As @MacMe suggested--if you haven't already--you should reach out to the moderator team for help.  Here's all the details you'll need to know to do so:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
If you have a Porting issue, please also include:
  • The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@icecold1 wrote:

i have waiting 3 days for my phone to switch over. Tomorrow i will be going back to koodo for GOOD

Did you try contacting the moderators and asking for help?

icecold1

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@switch wrote:

So in the end, did you manage to keep your Chatr phone number and switch to Public Mobile? I'm thinking of switching so I would appreciate your help! Thanks!

I ported from Chatr. I did it in store, and it was ported successfully on it's own within 1-2 hours. I went very early yesterday to do it.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@switch wrote:

So in the end, did you manage to keep your Chatr phone number and switch to Public Mobile? I'm thinking of switching so I would appreciate your help! Thanks!

There are a few threads, where people were able to port their numbers over from Chatr (maybe with a little moderator help),  so it should work for you:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Porting-from-Chatr/m-p/167722/highlight/t...

switch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

rogerrulez

I really like the atmosphere ... Smiley Happy

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Welcome to PM, another happy folks

rogerrulez

Yes that was the solution to my problem. Needed the account number to move forward. Thank you for all your help !

rogerrulez

Yes I did. I provided my account number and everything was fine after that, excpet for sending mms which I fixed by searching through the forums. Had to add the extra apn to get it working.

So now I'm officially with public mpbile and very happy to be here !! 🙂

srlawren

@rogerrulez did @MarieHelene_L get you all fixed up?  I sure hope so.  Welcome to Public Mobile, by the way!

rogerrulez

Sent ! 

Thank you very much @MarieHelene_L for your prompt reply. 

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mana

Yes I am currently speaking with @rogerrulez! The information provided during the port was incorrect so the port wasn't able to complete. As soon as he gets back to me with the correct information I'll re-submit the port request 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

@rogerrulez Did you message a mod or did they get back to you yet?

rogerrulez

Well yeah that's what I'm thinking. But it's not readily available. Have to call them. But when I signed up all they needed was my phone number and one of many other options, one of which is the pin to my chatr account. 

Been too busy at work lately to do anything and it sucks to be without any service ! 

@rogerrulez wrote:

Well, I have been very busy with work filling in for a coworker who went on vacation. That's why I am only getting around to it now. 

No it has not worked at all since I transferred to Public Mobile. Actually I did receive one text. Other then that nothing. I'm pretty surte it's an activation issue since my old sim card is still kind of active although the old account says cancelled.

I did provide my pin to my Chatr account when I switched and it was working then(Chatr). 

You're probably going to need to contact Chatr customer service and ask for your Chatr account number.  I've read countless times about how ports fail because people use IMEI or pin numbers.  The account number (and only the account number - no pin, no imei provided during porting) is almost always best.  The only time I would say not to use the account number is if it's impossible to contact your old carrier (example: can't get through to their customer service) or if for some strange reason the account number doesn't work.   PIN and IMEI are really just fallbacks, and I believe that Public Mobile really needs to make account number mandatory for porting a phone number.

Phoning Chatr customer service is the only way to get your Chatr account number.  It is not provided within your online account.

mimmo

Did the mods get in touch with you?  

rogerrulez

Nope. Not resolved yet 😕

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Moderators were tagged, but no happy ending reported.  What happened.  I hope the stuck port problem has been resolved.

rogerrulez

Well, I have been very busy with work filling in for a coworker who went on vacation. That's why I am only getting around to it now. 

No it has not worked at all since I transferred to Public Mobile. Actually I did receive one text. Other then that nothing. I'm pretty surte it's an activation issue since my old sim card is still kind of active although the old account says cancelled.

I did provide my pin to my Chatr account when I switched and it was working then(Chatr). 

I am using two different phones, Sony Xperia Z & Z3.

Since you activated your Public Mobile service 2 days ago, but only requested a port in from Chatr 1 day ago, I am going to assume that your Public Mobile service was originally working before you asked for your phone number to be transfered in.

Since you cannot make any outgoing calls, nor can you send any outgoing texts, the problem is on the Public Mobile end (if the service was working after you originally activated it).  Your outgoing calls and texts would have started working immediately, even if the porting had not yet been completed, or even if Chatr rejected the request.  If that's the case, you need help from a Public Mobile community moderator.

Since you say that you Chatr service is cancelled, that means that Chatr has already released the phone number to Public Mobile.  It's the finalization of the phoe number transfer that would have automatically trigged the cancellation of the Chatr account.

On the other had, if your Public Mobile service never worked before you made the porting request, there could either be an activation issue or a phone compatibility problem.  Many phones that Chatr has sold are 2g gsm only models, and none of those are compatible with Public Mobile service.  What phone model are you using?

@rogerrulez I have tagged a mod name simon in the post above for you to help you out. 

If you haven't already, please send a private message to Simon, listing your account number, your phone number and your issue and I am sure he will promptly assist you and resolve your issue. 

But please don't post any personal contact info or account number here in the public form. 

Good luck. 

Need Help? Let's chat.