cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get my old number back

oildrips
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm wondering how I get my old number back. I had started the sign up process with PM about a month ago, and backed out.   This morning, my number was ported over to PM, so I finished the sign up, but had to pick a new number. I'd like to have my old number back.  How do we go about getting it?

45 REPLIES 45

oildrips

As we move into mid afternoon, I still have no word about this. Hoping to get it dealt with sooner than later. 

oildrips

This is exciting. I'm looking forward to having my number back.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
We'll try and get it solved in the morning

oildrips

Sound familiar. I understand that stuff happens, and although I was most frustrated when it all happened,  I'm better now (I picked a new number so I can use my phone on PM), and am looking forward to getting my old number back.  Hopefully it'll happen soon, as I'm not sure how many messages/calls I've missed to this point.  I don't like feeling disconnected like this.

I'm sure it will all get resolved and am patiently waiting. 

r3dcomet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yeah i did not even get to the payment page when i backed out, still lost the number. I am surprised (and mad) that they got permission to touch my number before we even paid or finalize the activation.

oildrips

I've sent some of the mods a private message, and some have been tagged in this post, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

r3dcomet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

the same has happened to me, i current carrier (Chatr) cancelled my account. how do i PM the mods?

oildrips

I hope they are saved for 90 days. I feel out of touch.

Rockdaddy22
Numbers are saved for 90days I believe

Rockdaddy22
This is happening a lot in the last 2 days. It looks like the tech team is going through failed/incomplete activations and trying to fix them. The problem is, a bunch of them were people who didn't finish the active because they changed their mind for whatever reason.
@Shazia_K if you could alert Dave and Jeremy of this issue that would be great. If you can also help our friend get their number back, I'm sure they'd really appreciate it 🙂

oildrips

Hello? Can anybody hear me? I'm hoping someone can help me get my old number back. Please make contatct so I know it's been read at least. 

oildrips

I'm hoping to save my old digits. I've had the number for a very long time and switching to a new number is a major inconvenience. I've sent a few private messages to the mods.

oildrips

I had cancelled my registration about a month ago, yet this am my number was ported over to PM (confirmed by Rogers this am) without me knowing/completing my subscription to PM.  I had to pick a new number as it wouldn't allow me to use my exisiting number.

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mod team can help you get the ported number back if it is still available and not claimed by new activations. Please private message mods asap

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

How was your number "ported" but you had to piuck a new number?

Need Help? Let's chat.