cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo porting

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

I just created my new number like it told me to.  What do I do now to port my Koodo account over to the simcard?

76 REPLIES 76

hummuschips
@stphnp I hope that the mods are able to sort out your situation soon. I'm sure they must be overwhelmed with all of the new activations they are getting.

stphnp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think I was happier when I had service, even if it cost more.

Knowing that this is day 3 without service and that there might be 2 or 3 days more days after I (hopefully) get a response...

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You'll be much happier if you just give PM a chance

stphnp

You're lucky! 

I'm wondering if Koodo would let me have my old plan back after my failed port, but then there's also that $120 + tax charge on my credit card from Public Mobile 😞

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I've telling people, please try and port yourself in the self serve if possible, the mods are extremely busy

hummuschips

I'm glad my thread has been able to help other Koodo customers!  I didn't expect it to get so much activity in one day.

d4civan

Was able to figure it out. I hadn't ticked the checkbox that I was authorized before filling out the transfer form. If you fill out the form first and then tick the checkbox it gives an error.

thanks a lot for all the help, guys!

d4civan

Hi,

I tried changing my number in the self serve but to no avail.

I did exactly as told in this thread, but it gave me a 

"You must be authorized to transfer this phone number" message and doesnt allow me to press the "Confirm" button and move on.

All details provided are accurate and come straight from my Koodo self serve account.

Please help!

inkubux

Thanks a lot I've been waiting 2 days for my support ticket to be resolved. I just wanted to port my koodo number and I did as advised while registering "Pick a new number and Contact-Us", no response.

I did like you did and ported it myself and it worked. Thanks a lot

d4civan

Oh, didn't know I could do it myself in the self serve.

Thanks for the pointer!

I hear you @d4civan that PM is a do-it-yourself service, that when you run into problems, you may not know what to do. Have you already initiated your port through the Change Number page?

d4civan

Thanks.

I would have done that too, if  I hadn't seen a message while porting. That if you are  a Koodo customer that I shoud choose a new number and then contact support. 

I wish this porting business was made simpler.

Fantastic @hummuschips!  Welcome to PM!

To help others, can you share your porting experience in this thread?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Successful-Ports-Thread/m-p/86347

hummuschips

I went into My Account -> Plans and Add-ons -> Change phone number -> Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider

I entered my Koodo number and clicked "check eligibility".  Then it asked for a few things.  

-I went into my Koodo bill to get my account number

-I left IMEI blank

-I didn't know my PIN so I left that blank,

-for alternate number I just put in the phone number I was trying to port in but you should use a different phone number that you can be called at if something goes wrong with the port

-I entered my name for the account

-checked the box "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" and clicked confirm. *** you might have to actually click this box BEFORE you start the process of checking eligibility of he number. 

The port went through and within a minite my Koodo SIM card stopped working and I put my Public mobile SIM in my phone. I tested it by calling my number from another phone and it worked!

d4civan

Hi - how did you get it done online?

I have a koodo number too and sent a support ticket and haven't heard back from anyone yet.

hummuschips

Nevermind.  I just did the port myself online and it went through.

Need Help? Let's chat.