cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Public Mobile have a call forwarding service?

LaijinSunn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hey, my phone unexpectedly stopped working. I am sending it to the manufacture for repair/replacement. Obviously using my broken phone to forward my calls to my landline is not a possibility. Does Public Mobile have a call forwarding service that I can accsess somewhere in "My Account"?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy correct.  Regardless of your plan or add-on(s), you cannot forward your PM phone number to a non-Canadian phone number. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawrenSo at public mobile, call forwarding and Long distance call is not the same, even you have international LD addon. ?    

Telus works that way.  

srlawren

@MoreYummy@kav2001c the answer is no, regardless of your plan.  Many people have asked about forwarding to a US number and expected it to be possible due to having the 200/400 min long distance add-ons or having US calling as part of their plan.  Unfortunately the answer has always been that it is not allowed on PM.  I'm 99.99999999999999% that would also extend to international numbers other than the US. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MoreYummy I think it depends on plan, it seems possible to forward to a US number but I don't think it will allow international forwarding elsewhere

@paulie no you do not need to clear it

@paulie wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@LaijinSunn pop SIM into any phone just to get on network, then enable the call forwarding

Once it is active you can remove SIM and give back the phone to whoever you borrow it from

Once you take out your PM sim card, don't forget to clear the call forwarding number.  Otherwise who ever uses the phone next will be having incoming calls fowarded to the number that was input. 

Can public mobile call forwarding to any number in the world?   

So just purchase a long distance addon, it will forward to any number?

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@paulie wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@LaijinSunn pop SIM into any phone just to get on network, then enable the call forwarding

Once it is active you can remove SIM and give back the phone to whoever you borrow it from

Once you take out your PM sim card, don't forget to clear the call forwarding number.  Otherwise who ever uses the phone next will be having incoming calls fowarded to the number that was input. 

There is no need. Call forwarding settings are set at the network end.  The next person who uses the phone will not have calls forwarded to that number.  The second the sim card is removed from the device, the previous person's call forwarding settings won't even show and get reset to whatever is set on the current sim card and service.

Call forwarding settings are not saved on the device itself.  If you would like to put this to the test, go into your call settings, and then forwarding.  You'll see a messaging that says "reading settings" for about 5 seconds, meaning that the phone has to physically retreive the settings from elsewhere.

^^This^^

@computergeek541 great answer, you saved me some typing 😜.

One point to add is that some phones don't play nice with Canadian networks. For example, my Huawei Acsend XT is unable to check or change the call forwarding status on PM. I had to throw my SIM card into my work phone to setup Call Forwarding and then put my SIM back into my Huawei.

This approach worked for me so don't rip your hair out is if your phone gives an error when you try to set call forward via the OS menu, or dialed codes.

cheers!

@paulie wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

There is no need. Call forwarding settings are set at the network end.  The next person who uses the phone will not have calls forwarded to that number.  The second the sim card is removed from the device, the previous person's call forwarding setttings won't even show and get reset to whatever is set on the current sim card and service.

Call forwarding settings are not saved on the device itself.  If you would like to put this to the test, go into your call settings, and then forwarding.  You'll see a messaging that says "reading settings" for about 5 seconds, meaning that the phone has to physically retreive the settings from elsewhere.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c wrote:

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've used these GSM codes quite nicely for call forwarding management..

http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't believe it is possible to do forwarding in the self serve portal.  If there was, the feature is certainly well hidden, lol.  As suggested, try to secure a working phone for a few minutes and set up the forwarding. 

mimmo

yes there is call forwarding.  is done via the phone itself.  pop the sim into a working phone.

the instrustions are different for apple and android.  a quick google search will sho you how.

Need Help? Let's chat.