cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Phone Number Regex Help

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All,  I tried to help my friend to port the phone from Fido, and encountered an message "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help".  I searched in this forum that it is due to the format is not correct, and I just put my cellular phone number and still no working.  I cannot go to the payment page.  Please let me know if anyone had similar issue before and how to resolve.  Also, long time no see for all the old friends.

112 REPLIES 112

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@annieclown wrote:

I am having the same issue. I am not able to port my number : I am getting "Alternate phone number regex help" error message, nor am I able to create a new phone number as the drop down for select local calling area  isn't working. 

@annieclown   (also FYI to @Rockdaddy22)

As mentioned, you should contact a moderator for help with this. However, the Moderator_Team account is still in the testing stage and, according to Shazia_K here, is having some problems, so I would avoid sending messages to that account for now. Best to send your private message to any one of the moderators listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Rockdaddy22
If you've tried everything like different browsers and that doesn't work. I'd send a private message to @CS_Agent and explain in detail the problem you're having. Make sure to include full name, sim number, phone number and account number of previous provider.

annieclown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue. I am not able to port my number : I am getting "Alternate phone number regex help" error message, nor am I able to create a new phone number as the drop down for select local calling area  isn't working. 

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news 🙂 Welcome to the family:)

Hopefully one day people will be able to use the browser of their choice.

marimar2395

Hi! Thank you so much for the quick reply! I repeated the process with Internet explorer and fortunately it worked! I'm now a PM user Smiley Happy

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @marimar2395,

Thank you for raising concern regarding your port request, you've come to the right place for help.

In order for me to look into it, I'll need some information - can you please provide me with your SIM card number, the phone number you wish to port as well as the account number (associated to your old service provider) ?

Let's keep the conversation going,

Mary​​​​​​​

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
I would send a private message to a moderator like @Shazia_K explain your problem in detail and I'm sure she'll be able to help.

marimar2395

I am also facing the same problem. I'm trying to port my number but I get the same error. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Could someone help me, please!!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jagpalmalik55

Please view your private message 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jfmartel
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Try removing dash if you have any.

joseanemorais

Hello, I'm facing the same issue.

I tried 3 different browsers, IE, Firefox and Chrome.

I also shortened my name and changed my province, no lucky.

Can somone help me ASAP?

Rockdaddy22
It sure is lol

jfmartel

Rockdaddy22 a écrit :
That's great news 🙂

That bug is so weird lol

Rockdaddy22
That's great news 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Did you try any of my advice?

cherieqwyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Shazia_K ,

I have the same Alternate Phone Number Regex Help issue. Could you please help? I cannot get a new number either because I cannot see any drop down for choosing home province. Please help.

Update:   I shortened my name and it works now.

rehmanabbasi

Hey

This may sound weird but the time of the day also matters ( site traffic and too many users etc etc.), i tried with FireFox at 5:30pm and got same issues as others are reporting , waited and retried around 12:00Am and everything worked like a charm, so i would suggest , use an laternate browser (FF) and wait for low traffic hours... Hope this helps.

jfmartel

thejemer a écrit :

I am also receiving the  Alternate Phone Number Regex Help issue. I have tried switching browsers. I could not even create a new number because the drag and drop icon wouldn't let me select a region. I would be grateful is someone helped me out

Remove any special caracter you might have in your name.

Rockdaddy22
Try shorting your name and picking a different province. It's helped some people

thejemer

I am also receiving the  Alternate Phone Number Regex Help issue. I have tried switching browsers. I could not even create a new number because the drag and drop icon wouldn't let me select a region. I would be grateful is someone helped me out

ericp4jc

Hi Mary,

I have the same issue and I have PM'd you.

Thanks,

Eric

Lewis

what I found is.. Once I used internet explore and everything worked great.... Firefox, Chrome.. nono...

jfmartel

You can mostly fix this issue by shortening your first name.

rehmanabbasi
SOME GOOD NEWS.........
I tried the whole registration process using Firefox and to my surprise everything worked even the alternative phone number, I was able to port in number from bell within second and everything working well since then.... If anyone needs details you can PM me.

rehmanabbasi

Having the same issue of "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help" , tried clearing cache and using different browsers , nothing worked, also, the new number registration does not work for me too, the area code selection drop down menu comes up empty everytime. I have sent a PM to you with all details , any help would be highly appreciated.

Lewis

I have the same issue Shazia. I can not passby the regex checker

I will activate my public mobile number first and will send you the number I'd like to port

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @mvtalens

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you reply to the private message I just sent you? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mvtalens
Hello, I'm trying to activate my sim card, but during the transfer phone number step I'm receiving the same error message.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @7789849803 

Of course I can!

@sarekca I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. I would be glad to assist you in activating your Public Mobile SIM card. I will send you a private message of the information I need. Please loot out for it 

Thank you 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.