cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Phone Number Regex Help

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All,  I tried to help my friend to port the phone from Fido, and encountered an message "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help".  I searched in this forum that it is due to the format is not correct, and I just put my cellular phone number and still no working.  I cannot go to the payment page.  Please let me know if anyone had similar issue before and how to resolve.  Also, long time no see for all the old friends.

112 REPLIES 112

freedommobilefu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This doesn't help in setting good first impressions. Why would you tell people to switch from Freedom and then make it impossible to activate?

I'm expecting a really important call that is going to negatively affect my business if I'm unable to activate with public mobile, is Public Mobile prepared to be held responsible?

I checked the browser console and these **bleep**ing idiots are loading jQuery library via http instead of https, so of course it's not going to work.

PLEASE get your **bleep** together. Bad enough I ordered a couple of SIM cards and now I can't activate it because some **bleep**wad slipped his finger when clicking deploy. 

davedubb

what the hell is up with this, holy someone help me, this should not be happening. trying to port from wind or freedom for this promotion. Your IT people should get on this, im kinda rethinking this , i cant even port a number over, at least wind or freedom could port. anyways find me a solution before i change my mind. thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for tip, glad it worked out for you.

OrigamiSS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had this exact issue with Chrome and Edge, try Internet explorer, even tho we all hate it it was the only browser that worked with out a hitch for me! just registered today.

Rockdaddy22
I hope one day all these bugs are squashed. Glad you were able to figure out on your own

alienmario

I encountered the same issue today while trying to port my number. Once I removed the hyphen from the First Name field on Step 1, the alternate phone number I listed in Step 2 was now accepted and I was no longer getting the error "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help".

In other words, if your name is Jean-Claude Van Damme, try having the First Name as JeanClaude and the Last Name as VanDamme.

Hope this helps.

Sajidur

Use only Internet explorer 11 inPrivate browsing mode.  

Rockdaddy22
Definitely good ideas to try.

jfmartel
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried to shorten you name? Remove any special caracter that you might have in either your name or address.

Rockdaddy22
I would definitely contact a mod explaining you've tried everything. I'd include ALL info possible, like
Sim number
Phone number you want to port
Account number with Freedom
Full name
Email address

Maybe they'll be able to set up an account for you. Please keep us updated

bensonpsng

I have spent hours yesterday trying to figure out the issue of alternate phone number regex. Tried Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE, none of the browsers worked for me.  Some suggested I should create a temporary number but the thing is I couldn't even see the drop-down menu to select city/province and the system won't allow me to proceed. Was hoping to switch to a company with better service than FM but I guess if the page isn't fixed then PM won't be getting my money.

Rockdaddy22
You could try different browsers, I hear safari kills that bug. If you don't get it fixed, contact a mod in the morning.

Potential_clien
Hi I'm having a similar issue with switching from freedom mobile at the moment it is giving me the same message

mabilang

this worked for me.

I agree i'm extremely extremely disappoint with the registration process so far

1) couldn't get past the alternate phone number without googling for a solution for 10 minutes

2) couldn't get past the plan selection page due to an endless feedback loop after pressing continue

3) after finally activating it says there was an error and to email for help... what the heck is this garbage?

SD08

Edit:  nevermind  Robot Indifferent

Rockdaddy22
I love how you say multiple browsers can't help, I guess we're liars. Just so you know, there are many reasons that error can be triggered, like having a name with to many characters. Since when does the alternate number need to be a cellular number? Service is great, just so you know.

alexjimenez

Yo need to make sure that you have the same alternate number and it has to be a cellular phone in the first page becasuse in the second you won't be allowed to continue due that. I had to figure out that by myself because in all the community posts there is no one mentioned this.

Some people mentioned that using other browsers, well that is not true.

As I mentioned before this company needs improvement in their support if they want to keep clients. The registration system don't have any help aout anything. 

I just hope that the service is good.

Rockdaddy22
This phone service is so much better than freedom that you can toss that freedom sim as soon as your ported.

I haven't looked back after porting from Fido almost 2 years ago, best decision me and my family have ever made 🤑

Rockdaddy22
I can promise you that the service is much better than the registration process 🙂

PhilAtYVR

@alexjimenez,  I just ported FM number to Public Mobile.  I had the same problem with Chrome.  I tried many combination and still won't go thru.  I ended up using M$ Edge.  From the search results, it looks like this bug has been around for a long time, I am surprise Public Mobile still hasn't fix it.  Hope their phone service is better than their web site.  I have SIM ready for switching back to FM lol.

Rockdaddy22
@alexjimenez please keep us up to date on your progress. I'm assuming the tech team is working hard to fix these silly issues.

SD08

@alexjimenez

I think it's time to contact a moderator for help. You should send a private message to any moderator listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address, and if porting, the phone number you're porting, your account number with the previous carrier and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.

The moderators will be back on duty at 9am EDT.

alexjimenez

My name, last name and city have less characters than the maximum. I cannot pass the ALTERNATE PHONE NUMBER REGEX HELP

what a bad experince and I haven't started using this company

alexjimenez

I'm trying in thExplorer, Mozilla and chrome and I get the ALTERNATE PHONE NUMBER REGEX HELP

this is a horrible page and registration form. There is no clue.

I had to register to be able to enter this problem in the community. Is somebody even readung this messages?

I need help or I will register in another company. I thought this company would work but now I have my doubts.

SD08

@Luddite wrote:

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Glad you figured everything out 🙂 Hopefully one day all the little bugs will be fixed.

Hey, hey there. Watch what you wish for. 👺

If there are no bugs how will I get all those Community benefits. You mean I'd have to pay full price. Robot Sad

@Luddite

LOL.  We'd become the PM version of the Maytag repairman.

Rockdaddy22
🤑

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Glad you figured everything out 🙂 Hopefully one day all the little bugs will be fixed.

Hey, hey there. Watch what you wish for. 👺

If there are no bugs how will I get all those Community benefits. You mean I'd have to pay full price. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22

zx10rsabs

Hi Folks,

I was having this same problem and it was frustrating.  I tried 3 different browsers.  What ended up working for me was, on the first page of registry, my birthday was November 6, and instead of entering 2 digits as the field asks, "06", I entered just a 6.  I went back, entered 06, and everything proceeded nicely.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, thanks for that. @Shazia_K would be a great option.
Need Help? Let's chat.